This position is accountable for learning and applying a broad range of basic, intermediate and advanced appraisal and assessment methods and techniques. It is also accountable for learning the basic, intermediate and advanced steps in the appraisal process and performing each at the competent level. Advanced research, appraisal and analysis assignments will be given to this position on a frequent basis. This position is expected to perform independently with minimum guidance and supervision and meet prescribed performance standards.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
EEOC CODE: 20
GRADE: 52 Minimum Qualifications Five (5) years of experience in Real Estate Appraising; and graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Real Estate, Accounting, Business Administration or closely related field; or an equivalent combination of related education and/or experience. (PROOF OF EDUCATION IS REQUIRED)
Special Requirements 1. Must be Certified as one of the following:
Tennessee Certified Assessor (TCA) Certification within three (3) years of hire;
- Tennessee Certified Assessor (TCA) or hold a higher designation from the Tennessee State Board of Equalization;
- Certified General Licensed Appraiser from the Tennessee Real Estate Commission, and must obtain
2. Must have daily access to an operable automobile and meet County Insurance requirements for automobile insurance upon date of employment.
- Certified Residential Licensed Appraiser from the Tennessee Real Estate Commission, and must obtain Tennessee Certified Assessor (TCA) Certification within three (3) years of hire;
3. Must possess a valid Tennessee Driver's license or secure one as of employment date. Duties and Responsibilities 1. Collects expense data and income which meets the standard production and quality expectations including measuring, listing, working permits, verifications of sales information and assigning grades and C D U’s.
2. Makes onsite visual inspections for 33% review and data verification for quality assurance purposes.
3. Uses all objectives and subjective property characteristics variables to list and value properties according to prescribed performance standards.
4. Compiles and analyzes market data using prescribed methods and techniques with a minimum amount of supervision.
5. Learns and performs standardized mass appraisal processes fully meeting expectations.
6. Learns and uses Cole Layer Trumble Integrated Assessment System to value property fully meeting prescribed performance expectations.
7. Receives and handles customer inquirIes about property assessments.
8. Provides verbal and written reports to defend the values it provides before the local and state Boards of Equalization with a minimum level of guidance and supervision from the Manager.
9. Represents the Assessor’s Office and defend the values it provides before the local and state Boards of Equalization with a minimum level of guidance and supervision from the Manager.
10. Specializes in complex appraisals and advanced mass appraisal processes such as land modeling, income and expense modeling, and multiple regression analysis.
11. Teaches and provides appraiser related training.
12. Develops and writes technical manuals, standard operating procedures, performance standards and measures.
13. Prepares planning and work flow analysis tools such as gantt charts and flow charts.
14. Performs operations as required to arrive at reasonable and supportable valuations using the CAMA system.
15. Performs other related duties as required or directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities 1. Ability to accurately assign and grade, condition, and effective year built to each property.
2. Knowledge of the basic appraisal/assessment industry.
3. Skilled in appraising larger, more complex and more valuable properties.
4. Knowledge of value concepts and the total appraisal problem, including a knowledge of why an appraisal is made, what has to be done to make the appraisal, and the production problems involved.
5. Knowledge of how ultimate appraisal reports relates to those on similar and dissimilar properties.
6. Ability to maintain cooperative relations with clients and employees, as well as, a willingness to work to meet office/statutory requirements.
7. Knowledge of the principles and practices of real estate appraisal.
8. Ability to be proficient in the application of mathematical and statistical tools used in real property appraisal.
Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or handicap status
Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer
Memphis and Shelby County Health Department - 22 months ago
Shelby County Health Care Corporation, dba Regional Medical Center at Memphis (The MED), provides a variety of health care services to the...