Private Wealth Management – Analyst/Associate Financial Investment Professional
Private Wealth Management (PWM) secures, develops and manages relationships with high net worth individuals, their families, family offices and foundations. PWM assists clients with building and preserving their financial wealth by creating and implementing long-term asset allocation within the context of each client’s particular risk tolerance, and by providing access to innovative investment ideas and opportunities. PWM professionals develop customized investment strategies and offer a full array of wealth management products and services, including private banking and trust company services.
A Financial Investment Professional (FIP) in PWM provides relationship management and support to PWM teams by monitoring portfolio holdings, analyzing asset allocations, researching potential investments, understanding financial market developments and trends, executing trades and marketing new business, while gaining a broad-based understanding of the asset management business.
• Work closely with Private Wealth Advisors to support and implement wealth management strategies for PWM clients
• Keep abreast of the latest events in the financial markets
• Analyze equity and fixed income portfolios for risk and return characteristics
• Execute portfolio rebalancing
• Identify and qualify potential prospects to be solicited by Private Wealth Advisors
• Develop and prepare marketing presentations for prospective clients that address equity, fixed income, and alternative investment components of asset allocation
• Research internal and external investment vehicles for client asset allocations
• Work in conjunction with various product groups within IMD to respond to client needs
• Relay GS research and market views to Private Wealth Advisors
• Provide general client service and team support
• Assist with trading and providing market information to clients
Basic Qualifications • Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think clearly under pressure
• Strong interest in the financial markets and good investment sense/commercial instinct
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills and a desire to work in a team-oriented environment
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Creative thinker
• Knowledge of Windows technology (Outlook, Excel and Word)
• Undergraduate degree required
• Series 7 and 66 required (must be obtained within three months of employment)
Goldman Sachs - 17 months ago
At Goldman Sachs, the work you do will have a direct effect on business and the community. Our people come from a variety of academic and...