The Retail Representative's primary function is to support the display and stocking of Nestle products at various customer sites in accordance to plan-o-gram specifications. (Average number of daily stops, 5-7 stores; some markets may vary). Replenish store freezers from back-room inventory, improve shelf positioning and increase product display space. Ensure retail price tags are displayed, maintain all Point-of-Sales materials and utilize current flavor schematics for all products. Maintain a neat & orderly back room and establish rapport/credibility with store personnel. Follow established route list, keep route materials up to date and demonstrate sound safety practices.
JOB ESSENTIALS/ ATTRIBUTES:
- Identify and act on selling opportunities or informs sales person, respond to competitor activities, maintain/increase space, make secondary placements, gain extra displays, use POS.
- Create rapport with appropriate staff members in all accounts, communicate with staff during service calls, respond to customer requests, and maintain relationships with customers to support selling activities.
- Follow the procedures outlined in the operational standards that apply to the position.
- Adhere to route schedule, communicate to customers or manager about service matters, maintain company-owned equipment, maintain and use handhelds appropriately, properly handle paperwork.
- Execute perfect service, ensure stores set to schematic, flavor to tag, execute promotional displays, and keep back stock organized.
- Conduct activities in a safe manner, follow corporate safety guidelines and requirements, proactively address any unsafe conditions observed.
- Identify and communicate all selling opportunities and potential issues, respond to team member communications, informs team members of all relevant activities at accounts, communicate completion of assigned daily tasks.
- Respond to change with positive attitude, offer suggestions for improvements to increase effectiveness of change, support new initiatives, and maintain an open mind.
- Communicate directly with team members on issues, openly share ideas with others, encourage performance in others, give feedback when needed, train new employees when applicable.
The Nestlé DSD Company operates all Direct Store Delivery (DSD) operations for Nestlé USA. The division serves Nestlé's frozen products, including the field DSD sales organization, supply chain planning and execution, and centers of excellence like Go-To-Market, Human Resources, and Finance.
- Drive business growth, drive for results, win in the market place
- Self-starter, gets involved quickly, takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
- Maintains high activity / productivity level. Operates with vigor, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time.
- Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity).
- Strives to understand the details. Balances, analyzes and takes appropriate action.
- Communication - presents ideas effectively, actively listens, and works across functional boundaries with the ability to effectively communicate with customers, co-workers and store personnel.
- Team Work: Can work in group or alone; oriented towards the good of the whole.
- Manage job professionally and with a high level of organization
- Able to effectively deal with change and adversity in the work place
- Demonstrated ability to deliver consistent results while building organization capabilities.
- Able to practice safe working habits at all times
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma / GED equivalent
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must have a dependable vehicle with valid insurance
- Successful completion of post offer background checks, drug screen, and motor vehicle report
- Ability to work early morning/late night hours
- Willing to work any day of the week, weekends and Holidays
- Must have basic math skills
- Ability to work safely
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Willing to work in extreme temperatures and maneuver in retail/warehouse/customer freezers.
- Hands/Arms: Frequent use of both hands/arms above shoulder reaching while stocking products. Frequent use of both hands/arms throughout the work shift while forward reaching, handling, gripping, power grasping, fingering and above shoulder reaching while stocking ice cream products.
- Bending/Twisting: Frequently, at waist 30 – 45 degrees while, loading/unloading items from carts to freezer shelves and performing back room stocking duties off loading pallets of frozen products to freezer carts.
- Kneeling/Crouching: Occasionally, while stocking of freezer display shelves or off loading pallets at floor level.
- Balance: Wet and icy conditions in freezer units and condensation on tile floors as well as leaning into freezer units to stock shelves.
- Push/Pull: Frequently, using both hands and arms while moving materials via wheeled cart, exerting a force up to 15 – 35 pounds, depending on surface/slope. Rarely up to 35 – 75 pounds of force moving palletized load using pallet jack.
- Standing/Walking: Frequently, while performing some duties in customer location walking up to four hours per shift on concrete surface.
- Lift/Carry: Frequently, 1 – 5 pounds individual ice cream products up to 800 – 1000 items per stop or 2,500 – 4,000 items daily, no carrying. Occasionally (15%), up to 40 pounds boxed pizza and/or 6-8 packs ice cream product from pallet to freezer rack or six-wheel cart, carry short distance up to six feet.
- Sitting: Continuously while driving vehicle in between scheduled stops. Potential for awkward posture during entry and exit of vehicle.
- Loading/Unloading: Frequently moving head and neck while loading/unloading items from vehicle to carts,carts to freezer shelves and performing back room stocking duties off loading pallets of products to freezer carts.
- Climbing: Rarely or not at all – depending on employee height and store setup/location, using small step ladder.
- Head and Neck: Frequently, moving head and neck while loading/unloading items from vehicle to carry aids, carry aids to freezer shelves and performing back room stocking duties, and off - loading pallets of products to freezer carry aids.
- Other Demands: Subject to cold temperatures -20 degrees F, while working in store freezer units up to 20 minutes, 5-7 times daily
This description should not be construed to contain every responsibility that an incumbent in this job may be required to perform. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions assigned.
- Work is performed 90% indoors, and 10% outdoors while operating vehicle between customer locations.
- Hazards: Slippery surfaces; wet & icy, exposure to cold, cuts, pinch points and overhead obstacles in freezers, moving equipment and normal traffic hazards while operating personal vehicle.
- Machinery: Moving machinery, such as bailers, compactors and potentially fork trucks.
- Equipment Used: Hand truck, pallet jack, wheeled cart/rack, knife, and personal vehicle
- Safety Equipment: Gloves
Nestlé Direct Store Delivery is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is looking for diversity in candidates for employment.
Nestlé USA makes delicious, convenient and nutritious food and beverage products that make good living possible. Nestlé S.A.,...