Actavis Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Actavis Group, a global leader in developing, manufacturing and marketing high-quality generic medications with more than $2.25 billion in worldwide sales in 2010. Approximately one-third of all sales are generated in the United States, Actavis’ largest single market and home to seven locations: three in New Jersey, two in Florida and one each in Maryland and North Carolina.
Responsibilities will include:
- Follow instructions provided by Master Formulas, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), and policies (company and safety) to produce quality products utilizing various manufacturing technologies and equipment
- Ability to understand and operate an assortment of production equipment within each manufacturing process
- Capable of disassembling and assembling area specific production equipment and troubleshooting process and equipment related issues
- Capable of working independently as well as in team oriented environments
- Ability to operate forklifts, manual and electrical pallet jacks and equipment
- Clean manufacturing rooms and equipment per applicable standard operating procedures
- Accurately document all critical data on master formulas and/or other supporting documents
- Wear proper Personal Protective Equipment to prevent personal and product contamination (hair and beard covers, respirators, tyvek arm sleeves, etc.)
Actavis is a values-driven organization that encourages and rewards ambition, creativity and accountability; and is active in local communities. Actavis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers an attractive compensation and benefits package to support its goal of being an “employer of choice” in the industry.
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent.
- Read, write and comprehend English. Perform basic math functions.
- Able to follow cGMP’s and SOP’s. Knowledge of DEA requirements. Able to operate mechanized, manual equipment.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be able to manipulate approximately 150 lbs. drums by pushing & rolling them.
- Requires repeated lifting & bending.
- Must remain standing approximately 6 hours per shift.
As its name implies, the Actavis U.S. is the US manufacturing and marketing unit of global generics firm Actavis. The company makes some 150...