(Job ID: 217892)
This entry level international rotation program will cycle you through three 8 month rotations, one of which will be international over the first 24 months of your employment. During this time you will be provided language courses and professional development training.
Position 1- NVH Test Engineer DRIVE
Job description: Perform NVH testing on automotive brake components and system tests on brake dynamometers and in automobiles. Support noise investigations and problem resolution. Work with cross-functional teams to determine root cause and develop countermeasures to solve brake noise issues.
Position 2- Electrical Engineer Interior Displays DRIVE
- Possess BS/MS engineering degree with coursework or concentration in Mechanical Vibrations
- Experience working in a test lab environment and using measuring equipment (data acquisition systems, accelerometers, laser vibrometer)
- A basic understanding of hydraulic brake systems
- Coursework/Concentration: Mechanical vibrations
Candidate will be responsible for development and design of circuit board assemblies for automotive driver information products including electronic instrument clusters, driver information displays and head up displays.
Candidate will have knowledge of:
- Support product development team by leading, coordinating and managing all electronic design activities.
- Design and develop microcontroller based electronic circuits for driver information products. Specify and select all electronic components.
- Conduct circuit analysis including modeling, worst case tolerance calculations, thermal analysis and failure mode and effects analysis.
- Validate and test circuit board assemblies and resolve all test incidents including automotive EMC issues.
- Primary communication link to customer regarding electronic technical issues.
Position 3- Embedded Software Engineer DRIVE
- Microcontroller based circuit design. Focus in high speed memory (DDR) and graphic controller designs.
- Schematic capture and analytical CAE tools.
- Automotive environmental and electro-magnetic compatibility requirements.
- Display technologies including vacuum florescence (VF) and active and passive LCD.
- Electronic manufacturing processes and design for manufacturability rules
- Bachelors degree minimum in Electrical Engineering
- Become fluent in C programming language used in Continental Powertrain embedded software development
- Learn Basic Software Architecture used by Continental Powertrain
- Become familiar with Electronic Platform cooperation model (HW/SW co-design, activities and tasks, HW/SW partitioning, I/O configuration sheet, global FSI B contact personnel)
- Learn Continental coding guidelines and best practices for powertrain embedded software development
- Learn how to use tools required during SW development and troubleshooting (SW powertrain build platform, change request and change management systems, PC LINT, oscilloscopes, Lauterbach, logic analyzer)
- Become familiar with troubleshooting techniques and the process of eliminating possible root causes by working with experienced SW developers
- Follow the project V-cycle from HW/SW design through HW configuration (I/O config sheet) to software release.
- Shadow SW developers in their daily tasks from requirements engineering through SW design process and implementation to testing and troubleshooting
- Work on implementing and automating test cases for I/O software functionalities.
- Receive in depth training in advanced topics of choice (Lauterbach, SPI, Knock, Injection, ETPU/GTM programming, etc)
- Learn how to convert customer requirements into software designs and test criteria. Create and manage traceability from requirement, through design to test and release.
- Become familiar with specification development tools (LIMAS, XML, Simulink) and work towards developing new engine strategies for future and current products
- Learn how to develop comprehensive test procedures, use test and simulation tools (CANalyser, INCA, DSpace) to perform on bench software testing and the importance of good test documentation.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical or Computer Engineer
- interest in I/O software development for embedded real time powertrain engine control systems
- basic understanding of high level programming languages.
- have technical background in the embedded software development (preferably real time automotive)
- have practical experience through internships
- have interest in the automotive technologies and innovation,
- are creative and able to solve complex technical problems
- are interested in the technical, expert career path and with time in becoming a member of Continental Expert Community
Bachelors degree required for all positions. Applicants should have less than 3 years experience and able to live abroad for 8 months in Europe
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application. Your contact partner: Continental, Automotive Divisions, Recruiting, Employer Branding & Recruiting.
We are conscientious people who help others around the world fulfill their dreams of mobility. This also comprises the transport of persons,...