This position is responsible for assisting the Driver Specialist in every aspect of product delivery to customer stores in an efficient and safe manner by following all company procedures.
A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Unload products at customer stores and place in appropriate storage facility (i.e.: freezer, cooler or dry storage area).
- Properly use double-count techniques to ensure accurate delivery of product.
- Properly use unloading techniques to ensure safety of self and others and to eliminate damage to product.
- Properly use customer service best practices to ensure consistent quality service to our customers.
- Accurately complete delivery documentation according to company procedure to ensure timely processing of credits, shorts, etc.
- Accurately complete wage sheets according to company procedure to ensure timely processing of payroll data.
- Properly use accessory equipment such as ramps, load-locks, straps, and parking hand trucks to ensure safety and minimal maintenance costs.
- Provide professional and accurate completion of load evaluation paperwork to provide constructive feedback to warehouse teammates.
- Read, analyze, and interpret general invoices, delivery sheets, and technical procedures, write reports, and complete time sheets.
- 21 years or older and possess a valid CDL A preferred.
- Be a High School Graduate.
- Warehouse experience is helpful but not required.
- Have strong communication skills with ability to communicate with management team, drivers, helpers, and customers.
- Be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Be able to interpret an extensive variety of instructions with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
- Be able to work nights, weekends, holidays, including overnight routes when necessary.
- Be able to read maps, labels, invoices, and manifests.
- Have mathematical ability, specific to adding, subtracting, and verifying quantities of product.
- Assist with dispatch preparation and route return process.
- Be able to successfully pass a physical capabilities test, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must be able to lift at least 60 pounds and handle a hand truck weighing up to 400 pounds when fully loaded.
- Stand, walk, sit, climb, or balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, or twist.
- Use of dolly or hand truck in heavy lifting and shifting loads on wet, dry, icy, bumpy, or uneven terrain with frequent curbs and obstructions.
- Must be able to load and unload product routinely at multiple customer sites daily.
McLane - 18 months ago
You might say this company makes it convenient for stores and restaurants to get food. McLane Company is one of the largest wholesale...