Products & Solutions
News & Events
SymphonyIRI Group in the News
Full Time Jobs
Part Time Jobs
Home > Careers
Senior Financial Analyst
Originally founded in 1979 as Information Resources, Inc. ( IRI), SymphonyIRI Group is the world’s leading innovative partner that helps clients transform insights into impact at every level of their organization. SymphonyIRI Group enables consumer packaged goods, retail and healthcare companies to drive growth by better understanding their business, their consumers, and the market. We do this by combining decades of professional experience with rich data sources, predictive analytics capabilities and a revolutionary technology platform called Liquid Data: http://www.vimeo.com/symphonyadvantage/liquiddata
Currently privately held, SymphonyIRI Group, Inc. serves as a holding company for the equity interests of SymphonyIRI shareholders. With our majority owner, New Mountain Capital LLC, we have secured the growth capital necessary to continue our transformational momentum. New Mountain Capital is a New York-based private equity firm that is committed to SymphonyIRI’s long-term investment philosophy and supports the company’s growth strategy. SymphonyIRI consists of seasoned, senior advisors who provide subject matter expertise to both CPG and retail firms.
As the originator and innovator of marketing insights, SymphonyIRI is evolving into a global provider of predictive, on-demand business insights applications. If you are driven to solve real world problems, are a dynamic leader and enjoy cultivating lasting partnerships with top executives from Fortune 500 companies, we want to speak with you.
SymphonyIRI Groups is currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Commercial Finance group in Chicago, IL. This position leads all financial planning, reporting and analysis activities for the National and Core Account teams which includes revenue related tracking as well as contracting agreements.
Reporting to the VP of Finance, this position provides financial leadership to the Strategic Accounts West and Targeted Accounts teams. Primary responsibilities include:
- Developing financial plans and tracking progress against these plans, with emphasis on identifying variance drivers and recommending corrective actions. This includes but may not be limited to analyzing financial results with respect to revenue, trends, costs and compliance with annual operating plans.
- Incumbent must be able to de-construct and understand the terms of commercial contracts to ensure that accounting for these transactions, particularly in regards to revenue recognition, is consistent with SIG’s policy and general accounting principles.
- Acting as an adviser to General Managers to ensure accounting considerations are factored into weekly pipeline reviews and deal structures and that new business opportunities are being evaluated to ensure key ROI and economic profit hurdles are met.
- Providing financial counsel with regard to commercial issues, including implications of compensation plans and changing customer support requirements.
- Participating in the proposal process to include the coordination of outbound client pricing and submissions and post evaluation of the approved transactions.
- 4 – 6 years of relevant experience
- Proven ability to multi-task and deal with complex and disordered processes and systems
- Strong team building skills and a proven ability to work with a diverse group of people in a geographically dispersed organization
- High attention to detail with outstanding analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong oral, written communication and presentation skills.
- Highly proficient in Excel, Oracle, Siebel and SAS ABM
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with an MBA preferred
SymphonyIRI Group - 2 years ago