We are currently seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our IT Operations team within our rapidly growing San Francisco office.
The ideal candidate will be a confident and organized self-starter with first class communication and problem solving skills. Previous experience working in a fast paced environment is a must. The successful candidate will be responsible for administrative support to a group of senior staff and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Work with software developers to plan for, execute, and document deployment of applications for the PLOS publishing system. This includes but is not limited to: Tomcat, Nginx, Apache, MySQL, MVC Java web apps (Struts, Spring MVC), SOLR, Active MQ, CouchDB, Rails, and Drupal.
- Build and manage development, test, demo and performance instances located on local workstations, private-clouds and Amazon AWS. Ensure that these environments have the latest releases and current data.
- Build tools to deploy features and releases effortlessly to multiple environments including the production servers.
- Maintain, monitor and improve the automated build system.
- Work with the development team to triage issues in multiple environments.
- Provide technical support for application and environment configuration issues.
- Act as back-up Linux systems administrator for the production infrastructure.
- Although not usually required, you will be on call for system outages 24×7.
Apply now | Return to top
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years of experience as a DevOps or Linux Systems Administration experience.
- Solid understanding of Red Hat/CentOS and Ubuntu.
- Experience with Red Hat KVM, Kickstart, and CFengine.
- Experience with deployment tools like Chef or Puppet.
- Continuous integration experience with tools like TeamCity, Jenkins or Bamboo.
- Solid scripting skills with one or more of the following: Bash, Perl, Python, and Ruby.
- Ability to quickly triage a problem, determine the root cause and provide the resolution.
- Good understanding of Amazon AWS. Familiar with the Java platform.
- Strong attention to detail. Able to write clear and understandable documentation.
- Solid work ethic, independent, resourceful, and self-motivated. Positive attitude and professionalism.
The Public Library of Science (PLoS) - 24 months ago