Behavioral Healthcare Program serving both residential and ambulatory care clients with a focus on substance abuse and co-occurring diagnosis
1. Master’s Degree in a Human Services discipline (Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Education, or Nursing;
2. Licensed Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (MUST have)
3. Certified Clinical Supervisor or eligible
4. Experience working with adolescent and women substance abusers and their families
The clinical coordinator for the residential and ambulatory care programs (Partial care, IOP, OP) is responsible for the direction, provision, and quality of substance abuse counseling services.
S/He must become familiar with all aspects of Newark Renaissance House and adhere to the policies and procedures of Newark Renaissance, uphold the Ethical Standards of Newark Renaissance, assure the quality of services and maintain a courteous, therapeutic, caring, and professional attitude.
ASSIGNED RESPONSIBILITIES OR DUTIES:
1. Maintain written objectives, policy and procedures, an organizational plan and a quality assurance program for the substance abuse counseling services
2. Review all potential client admission’s packets for appropriate placement in the program
3. Supervise counselors in: treatment planning and ongoing counseling sessions; reviewing job descriptions; evaluating performance; providing in service training and developing and monitoring counselors continuing education plan
4. Conduct case conference and staff meetings
5. Be on call evenings and weekends
6. Interview and evaluate clients and families as needed
7. Provide family counseling, individual, and group counseling sessions as needed
8. Provide and attend in service training
9. Go on speaking engagements and provide workshops outside the agency
10. Represent NRH at professional meetings, coalitions, task forces, etc.
11. To actively demonstrate an understanding of the Therapeutic Community model of treatment in daily interactions with clients and staff alike
This position can be full or part time and reports to the Program Director. Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience.