Under the supervision of the Recreation Operations Coordinator, the Junior Govs Summer Camp Counselor is a position that helps to monitor camp operations and facilitate camp activities.
Availability: Up to 17 positions effective May 2013
FOAP : 350010-40411-61400-700
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure a safe and non-offensive environment for camp participants and guests.
- Assist with development, promotion, and implementation of various Summer Camp activities, programs, and services (including distribution of materials and participation in demonstration and promotional events).
-Assist with basic maintenance and upkeep of facilities and equipment(including but not limited to cleaning and inventory of all equipment and accessories and reporting any malfunctions to camp staff).
- Assist administrative staff with daily operations for efficiency, consistency, and adherence to department policies and procedures.
- Attend and participate in all meetings and in-services as set by the University. Recreation/Summer Camp Administrative staff.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Availability to attend bi-weekly staff meetings on weekends.
- Ability to maintain flexibility with work availability.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service within camp guidelines during interactions with camp participants and their parents/guardians.
- Ability to interact with children of various abilities.
- Ability to use sound judgment in decision-making and interactions with people.
- Ability to work independently and stay motivated and focused with summer camp participants.
- Ability to interact in an effective and appropriate manner with a diverse population, the Austin Peay State University community, and outside community members.
- Ability to exemplify professionalism at all times (particularly with regard to attitude, punctuality, appearance, and personal hygiene).
- Ability to remain visible and approachable to participants/patrons, and staff at all times.
- Abiilty to act as a resource by providing answers to questions or assistance as needed/requested.
- Ability to be flexible and manage multiple tasks effectively (including changes of the daily event schedule).
- Ability to work all scheduled shifts (including some opening and closing shifts).
- Ability to swim and be comfortable in a swimming pool.
- Ability to stay on feet for several consecutive hours.
- Ability to perform basic physical actions including the ability to run and jump.
- Ability to lift and move at least 45 pounds.
- Must be an APSU student enrolled at least 1/2 time.
- Minimum 2.0 GPA .
- Must be able to swim.
- A background check will be required for successful applicants.
- Must be currently Child CPR /First Aid Certified OR be willing to obtain Child CPR /First Aid Certification before the beginning of camp.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit cover letter, resume, and three references (with no more than one family member) when completing online application.
Review of applications will begin on February 22, 2013. Interviews will begin on February 25, 2013, and will continue until all positions are filled. Camp is scheduled for May 28 through August 2, 2013.
Austin Peay State University - 24 months ago