Sets up workstation based on pars established by Chef, Executive Sous Chef and/or Sous Chef and by following station set-up sheets.
Operates a specific station with others or individually.
Tests cooked foods by tasting and smelling them.
Drives the Customer Relations Management system by ensuring that all such orders are handled correctly.
Complies with occupational, health and safety standards. Ensures foods are stored and kept at proper holding temperatures, through the use of thermometers.
Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings.
Completes all closing requirements as directed by Chef, Executive Sous Chef and/or Sous Chef.
Performs other duties as required.
- At least 3 years experience in a (high-volume/fine dining) restaurant.
- Excellent knowledge of basic kitchen equipment and the ability to read translate and execute recipes.
- Interpersonal service skills.
- Organization skills to plan time effectively.
- Work without direct supervision.
- Handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment, and work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Possess the ability to access all areas of the restaurant.
- Withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending, kneeling, lifting and carrying items, work in close quarters or small rooms and is occasionally exposed to hot, cold, wet and/or humid condition and work environmental factors include noise, dust, and smoke.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Associate’s Degree in F&B and/or course certification from an accredited Culinary Institute.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International
- 2 years ago - save job
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...