Liquidity Services, Inc.’s mission is to provide business and government clients and buying customers the world’s most transparent, innovative and effective online marketplaces and integrated services for surplus assets. Liquidity Services achieves maximum recovery for our clients’ customer returns, overstock, used and salvage assets by employing a multi-channel strategy that leverages our industry-leading online marketplaces, as well as direct sales and consumer marketplace channels. On behalf of its clients, Liquidity Services has completed the sale of over $2.4 billion of surplus assets in over 500 product categories including consumer goods, capital assets and industrial equipment.
The Warehouse Manager is critical to the success of the overall warehouse operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating day to day activities on the warehouse production floor, including inbound receiving, lotting (including photography), inventory control, and communicating with the sales team on resolving lotting issues. He or she will balance and assign resources based on need within the warehouse and enforce company safety policies.
- Supervise, motivate and develop teams of 10-40 employees assigned to a variety of tasks specific to warehouse operations
- Lead key productivity initiatives by collaborating with cross functional groups
- Utilize quality process disciplines to evaluate, revise, and implement continuous improvement initiatives
- Coordinate receipt, lotting and necessary data collection of all in-bound freight
- Implement and enforce company safety programs and policies
- Establish objectives, plans, and schedules and ensure that resources are available for completion of established operational assignments
- Achieve daily productivity and resource efficiency goals by tracking specific metrics, including workflow and labor costs for production teams Create a collaborative environment by seeking guidance from peers, supervisors or other warehouse departments when necessary to achieve common goals
- Promote clean, safe work areas by continuously checking for hazardous conditions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field preferred
- Experience leading change through application of Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing processes in a production environment
- 5-7 years of experience in a leadership role involving performance management in a production environment
- 1-3 years of experience in safety and/or risk management
- Proven background in quality control
- Commitment to and prior success in continuously improving processes to reduce cost and cycle time while improving quality
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and a WMS
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate willingness to take on greater responsibilities
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret reports, spreadsheets and policy / procedure documents
- Excellent organizational, team development and communication skills.
- Must be a detail-oriented, proactive driver of excellence
Liquidity Services, Inc. - 21 months ago
Liquidity Services, Inc.’s mission is to provide business and government clients and buying customers with the world’s most...