As a Senior UI/UX Designer at Playdom you will be deeply involved in the game development process from start to finish and have a creative impact and voice in the design of our games. UI/UX Designers work with the UI/UX Director and the Product Manager to design and implement UI features that drive the visual identity of our games. UI/UX Designers will also create in-game artwork and placeholder artwork as needed by developers and engineering. You may also work with business intelligence and marketing teams to create UI tests to support and refine our games.
- Ideally 5+ years UI experience with complex web apps or games experience
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash CS4/CS5, and other relevant art tools
- Ability to identify and clearly articulate UI/X solutions visually
- Portfolio must illustrate strong UI skills, and graphic design skills and available for review
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- A desire to learn and grow in an Agile friendly design environment
- Ability to communicate and play nice with others
- In-depth understanding of Flash/AS,HTML/JS, general capabilities of web browsers
- Strong understanding of the effective use of color and composition
- Ability to create art assets (especially icons) matching existing art styles
- Passion for games, virtual worlds, and social networking
- Experience developing Flash games from conception to completion (Shipped Titles a Plus!)
- Demonstrated ability to guide and direct peer UI/UX Designers on solving UI/UX challenges
To expedite consideration, we highly recommend that you BOTH upload your resume AND copy and paste the text when creating your candidate profile.
This position is with the legal entity Disney Interactive Media Group
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW -- Playdom produces a diverse portfolio of casual games for the rapidly growing platform of social networks, including Facebook and MySpace. With over 47 million monthly users and #1 rated games, Playdom is one of the fastest-growing social game developers, offering high quality community entertainment experiences.
COMPANY OVERVIEW -- Disney Interactive, the interactive entertainment affiliate of The Walt Disney Company, creates immersive, connected, interactive experiences across console, online, mobile and social network platforms to entertain and inform audiences around the globe. Disney Interactive mission is to deliver Disney content to fans, whenever and wherever they want it, through numerous interactive media platforms. Disney Interactive operates five global product groups:
Disney Core Games produces console and handheld video games for the Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, PlayStation®Portable, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment systems, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and the personal computer.
Disney Interactive Media produces Disney.com and a portfolio of leading lifestyle websites for families, including Family.com
Disney Interactive Worlds develops online virtual worlds, providing connected game-play experiences for children around the globe
Disney Mobile Games brings the best of Disney content to the mobile web, smart phone applications, and mobile games; in addition, Disney Interactive manages a Disney-branded mobile phone service in Japan in association with Softbank
Disney Social Games produces best-in-class content for the rapidly growing platform of casual games on emerging platforms and social networks such as Facebook and MySpace.
All five product groups work together to create a variety of connected, multi-platform entertainment experiences.
Jobmagic - 11 months ago