Working out of doors in the front of store locations, outside sales clerks or “chili roasters” provide our customers with delicious roasted chilies, chickens and pork, as well as fresh and delicious salsas.
Some Job Responsibilities include:
- Roasting fresh chili peppers, chickens and pork.
- Setting up our outdoor cooking facility, including grills and wash stations.
- Ensuring all outdoor cooking facilities meet proper food safety guidelines.
- Maintaining adequate stock levels to ensure adequate production of roasted chilies, chickens and pork.
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Understanding proper product preparation, roasting and merchandising techniques and procedures,
- Keeping clean neat and orderly work areas, including a well swept outside sidewalk.
- Processing cash register or cash till transactions, giving back appropriate change.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be at least
- With both customers and team members, remain helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
- Work quickly and efficiently, sometimes with little direction, to accomplish assigned duties.
- Add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business math calculations.
- Learn and use proper grilling techniques and food safety and sanitation polices.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to use necessary equipment, including knives, grills and scales.
- Communicate openly and professionally through appropriate body language, facial expressions and speech, also communicating in writing when necessary.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies weighing 30 – 50 lbs.
- Work in the heat of the Arizona sun.
- Work with fresh and roasted chilies and fresh meat and chicken products, spices, flavorings, sauces and oils.
- A friendly and positive attitude towards customers and team members.
- A desire to greet, engage and sincerely thank the customer
- An outstanding work ethic and a desire to constantly improve one’s work performance.
- Ability to be flexible, adapting to new jobs, schedules, team members, programs, policies and procedures.
- Ability to learn quickly and a desire to learn and do more.
- Ability to think through one’s decisions, solving problems and coming up with solutions.
- 2 years ago - save job
Bashas' is working up a sweat standing its ground in the Southwest. The regional grocery chain operates about 130 stores (down from...