This position is a component of the Electrical and Instrumentation Division of BHI and reports directly to the Crew Foreman. Incumbent will provide a full range of responsibilities that include but are not limited to: installing, maintaining, and repairing electrical systems in a construction environment. Continually participate in ongoing efforts to enhance customer satisfaction, company profit and personal job mastery. All jobs shall be conducted in a safe, efficient and professional manner.
- Conduct jobs in accordance with relevant codes and site specific procedures while following applicable safety procedures.
- Install, connect, test, and maintain electrical systems.
- Use appropriate hand tools, power tools and testing equipment in order to properly complete a job.
- Mentor Apprentices from beginning to end of assignment to ensure quality work and facilitate learning.
- Communicate with fellow employees in order to maintain satisfactory work conditions.
- Increase job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical and regulation publications, as applicable.
- Perform any other duties or assignments as BHI Management deems necessary.
Education: High School Diploma/GED or higher level. Electrical schooling preferred.
Experience: Four (4) years electrical experience in a construction environment.
Licenses/Certifications: Valid Driver's License and an Electrical Journeyman License for state of work. Apprentice License may be sufficient when accompanied by a documented assessment from a member of Executive Management indicating suitable work experience/knowledge.
Skills/Equipment: Able to communicate effectively (i.e. reading, writing, speaking) in the English language.
Personal Traits/Values: Honest, Professional, Competent, Organized, Pay Attention to Detail, Dependable, Thorough, Team Oriented, Safety Conscious, Strong Work Ethic, Self-Driven with minimal or no supervision.
- Able to provide your own hand tools.
- Able to read blue prints.
- Able to guide and direct an apprentice from beginning to end of a job.
- Possess a safe driving record.
- Able to obtain a DOT Medical card and keep it current throughout employment; if operating BHI fleet/equipment.
- Able to comply with/pass the BHI ‘Fit for Duty’ Program.
- Competent documentation skills.
Both mental and physical labor are a part of this job. Working conditions could be indoor or outdoor and the job may be subject to extreme weather conditions. Some light to moderate travel is possible.