Provides management support for the analysis, development and implementation of effective and efficient business processes to enhance TVA performance. Provides support for the Business Services units and coordinates corporate-level improvement initiatives related financial decision support. Makes recommendations to the Financial Services Leadership team regarding enhancement opportunities. Provides technical accounting guidance; understands and anticipates financial and operational system impacts of decisions and events; communicates TVA impacts of initiatives; and articulates and prepares senior-level, presentation-quality information. Areas of influence include financial statement integrity, technical accounting guidance, Sarbanes-Oxley control environment compliance, financial and operational performance reporting, annual business plan development, budgeting and forecasting, financial analysis, business system development and integration, management support systems and processes.
1. Advises and discusses with Controller and other top TVA finance executives opportunities for process and performance improvement in their respective areas
2. Manages the identification, definition and implementation of Operational Enhancements in these areas
3. Benchmarks best practices and determines appropriate implementation timing and steps
4. Assesses the effectiveness of improvement initiatives throughout Controller organization
5. Facilitates problem solving by providing technical and business expertise
6. Supports the work of senior managers, managers, and technical staff to fulfill departmental objectives.
7. Relies on knowledge, experience, and judgment in risk/financial analysis, management- to- plan, and to accomplish goals.
8. Serves as the "team leader" for specific projects involving the Financial Services Organization.
Education - A Bachelor's degree is required. Field of study in accounting or finance is preferred. A Bachelor's degree in a related field of study, with related education, training & experience will be considered. An advanced degree in accounting, finance or business administration is desirable. A CPA is preferred.
Experience - Seven to ten years of experience in financial management and business systems and controls, preferably including experience in the utility industry.
Certification/License, etc - CPA is preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities - Must have the ability to analyze complex technical and management problems and determine the most cost effective solutions. Must have a comprehensive knowledge of business practices and procedures, financial systems and controls, computer skills, and financial analysis techniques. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and to communicate clearly orally and in writing. Must be able to communicate effectively with top TVA management and other senior level professionals. Candidate may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position / access requirements and essential job functions.
TVA is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws and regulations regarding equal employment opportunities. TVA gives hiring preference to qualified U.S. citizens and other protected individuals (green card holders, asylees, etc.) for all job vacancies. Between qualified U.S. citizens and other protected individuals, TVA gives hiring preference to equally qualified born or naturalized U.S. citizens.
Tennessee Valley Authority - 9 months ago