Technical Support Analyst is responsible for infrastructure support of an automotive OEM assembly warehouse operation. This is a customer driven manufacturing environment with near real-time service level agreements.
Minimum of 3 (three) years of experience in IT, business, or related field
Minimum of 3 (three) years of customer interfacing experience
Advanced level MS desktop skills such as installing new and replacement computers and peripherals, resolving a variety of user problems, and providing training to help users become more productive with their IT systems
Advanced Level MS OS Server 2003/2008 skills such as maintaining computers that run windows operating systems, managing software update services, managing terminal services, configure and manage DNS, manage resources and security.
Intermediate level PC break-fix skills such as desktop computer software/hardware support, diagnosis and repair of PC related problems, Dell Desktops/Laptops, IBM Desktops/Laptops, HP Desktops/Laptops.
Must able to provide 3rd shift coverage.
Intermediate level skills in wireless RF (Radio Frequency) networking such as wireless LAN security, performance tuning, troubleshooting, performance standards, network design, installation and management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Business, or related discipline is preferred.
- Good communications skills to converse with internal customer users, external customer, infrastructure team, and development team.
- Self-directed and willing to request assistance and guidance when needed.
- 5 or more years in System Administration and user support preferred.
- Preferred experience with LAN and Cisco equipment.
- Must have flexibility to provide off hours Support in Support of production operations and change management Windows
- Must maintain composure and focus under stressful conditions.
- Good writing skills.Solid team player.
- Interested in keeping up-to-date with technology trends and best practices.
- Strong analytical, problem determination, and root cause analysis skills.
Responsible for infrastructure support of an automotive OEM assembly warehouse operation.
This is a customer driven manufacturing environment with near real-time service level agreements.
Maintain 100% availability of production systems in 1.8M square foot warehouse.
Act as main point of contact for all systems and infrastructure related issues.
Provide 1st and 2nd level support for 400+ users.
Complete problem determination for production issues.
Provide system administration and monitoring support for 24 MS 2003/2008 servers.
Act as liaison between application development teams and production operators.
Maintain system backups and ensure successful completion of daily backups.
Maintain 100% uptime of production floor label printers, laser printers, workstations, and rf-guns.
Perform user add, change, move requests.
Adhere to information systems policies and procedures.
Comply with change management process and procedures.
Maintain asset management database for equipment moves, adds, and change.
Perform break-fix duties for user equipment and infrastructure components.
Complete shift transition, checklists, and shift reports.
Perform procurement, installation, configuration, testing, and deployment of equipment according to policies and Procedures
Provide quality control and continuous improvement of production floor support processes.
Implement best practices for pro-active monitoring and alert notifications.
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace.
Ryder - 23 months ago
Ryder System, Inc. is a FORTUNE® 500 provider of leading-edge transportation, logistics and supply chain management solutions. Ryder's...