Develop complex query, analysis, reporting, and visualization tool for the RCSB PDB under moderate scoping. Provide new graphical frameworks to support PDB content with state-of-the-art Web features to facilitate use of the PDB site by a broad spectrum of users from high school students to professional scientists. This involves requirements analysis, prototyping, working with the complete PDB team to define the final look and feel, implement, test with PDB staff and users and modify as needed. Development of new graphical frameworks also involves refactoring and readapting old code to new form factors (i.e., mobile devices) and new coding practices and seamlessly improving the codebase without interrupting service to any legacy services. The job requires experience with user experience design as well as implementing state of the art user interfaces. Provide technical and usability guidance for user interface design and stay abreast of industry standards and latest technological developments. Train and educate team members and collaborators about UI design and web development techniques.
Perform minor system administration tasks to help or backup the PDB systems administrator.
- BS in Computer Science, Visual Arts, or a related scientific field, or comparable combination of education and experience.
- Extensive advanced experience and skills and knowledge in analyzing and evaluating user requirements, and in implementing design models that meet those needs by creating wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and deploying scalable, reusable, and cross-platform font-end software following the latest web development trends and standards.
- This position meets the requirements for a mandated reporter under CANRA.
- Background check required.
UC San Diego is an Equal Opportunity / Staff Affirmative Action Employer that values a diverse workforce and provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities.
UC San Diego Health System - 10 months ago
UC San Diego Health System is San Diego’s only academic health system and is composed of UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest, and...