BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for managing unplanned work and developing job plans in order to drive work execution efficiency and asset availability. This includes generating work steps with labor, material, equipment and services, estimating labor and material costs; creating job packets for field execution and continually improving job plans via updates based upon feedback from the Execution Teams. The scope is all mechanical work.
Manage the backlog of unplanned work:
Work Order Planning:
- Review the backlog and planning list.
- Clarify incomplete or unclear work notifications.
- Group work orders and/or notifications together that can be planned and completed as a single order.
- Determine the appropriate degree of planning.
- Utilize the proper SAP status codes including work order start and finish dates to allow proper scheduling of the work order.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- Create job plans for the effective execution of work by providing job scopes, job step sequence, labor and material requirements, skill requirements, specifying the necessary tools and equipment, external resources, and determining work order costs.
- Identify permitting requirements and special isolation needs.
- Create task lists (job plan library) for recurring jobs.
- Create purchase requisitions and reservations for necessary materials, equipment or services and orders material.
- Forward completed "ready-to-schedule" job packages to the Scheduler.
- Continually improve the job plans by collaborating with Maintenance Supervisors and Engineers to 1) Maintain a spare parts inventory, 2) Build & Maintain Bill of Materials for area equipment, 3) Continually update task lists to ensure: necessary changes or improvements are incorporated, and efficiencies are captured per job feedback, 4) Obtaining and analyzing feedback from the work crew through the job feedback process and 5) Updating the task list and job plan libraries.
- Review work scopes for changes which would result in triggering a Management of Change (MoC)
- Create Job Packets as needed by providing spec sheets, vendor manuals, P&IDs, pictures, isolation plans, job plan/feedback form, etc.
- Assist in emergency or critical priority jobs by expediting materials and coordinating other crafts/resources and fulfilling any other activities (non-standard) assigned by the supervisor.
- Turnaround Planning
- Create job plans for the effective execution of turnaround projects: job scopes, job step sequence, labor and material requirements, skill requirements, specifying the necessary tools and equipment, external resources, and determining work order costs
- Participate and coordinate with turnaround group on scheduled jobs and external resource needs.
- Coordinate purchase requisitions / purchase orders and expedite orders to assure scheduled delivery for turnaround.
- Fill in for Maintenance Supervisor as necessary.
- Requires High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 8 years of experience in a chemical/petrochemical or other similar manufacturing environment.
- Hands on knowledge and experience with various types of Mechanical systems and equipment, and crafts, along with an understanding of maintenance work processes. Possess an understanding of maintenance scheduling.
- Ability to procure and expedite materials and resources.
- Deal effectively with the unknown and unexpected and possess the ability to handle non-routine and emergency activities, such as schedule breakers, plant shutdowns, start-up, etc.
- Excellent organizational and work management skills.
- Keen attention to detail and a high degree of quality orientation.
- Strong communication skills, both orally and written.
- Experience with SAP is a plus.
- Must demonstrate the following competencies: Analytical Thinking, Quality Orientation & Attention to Detail, Business & Financial Acumen, Teamworking, Work Management, Communication & Interpersonal Skills, Entrepreneurial Actions, Customer Focus, Strategic Thinking, and Striving for Achievement
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Analytical Thinking
- Quality Orientation & Attention to Detail
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Work Management
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Entrepreneurial Actions
- Customer Focus
- Strategic Thinking
- Striving for Achievement
**BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited byt the council for Higher Education Accrediation or equivalent.
This is a non-exempt position. Relocation expenses will not be reimbursed.
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-Geismar
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company with over 113,000 employees and close to 370 production sites worldwide. We serve...