TLC Laser Eye Centers is North America's premier eye care services company, providing eye doctors with the tools and technologies needed to deliver high-quality patient care. Through its unmatched management expertise, technology, extensive optometric relationships, direct to consumer advertising and managed care contracting strength, TLC Laser Eye Centers maintains leading positions in refractive, premium IOL and cataract markets. We have the following part time opportunity in Annapolis, MD:
PART TIME SURGICAL CONSULTANT:
• Ophthalmic testing, including auto refraction, visual acuity, topographical mapping, aberometry measurements, lensometry and eye dilation in a manner consistent with TLC's Gold Standard approach
• Effective communication of pricing and packages consistent with TLC's Gold Standard approach
• Provide pre-operative care to patients on surgery days and post-operative care to patients during surgery and post-operative appointments
• Patient closing, including surgery and post-op scheduling, financial and informed consent discussions
• Effective and timely follow-up to prospective, current and past patients. Follow standard operating procedures that protect our patients, doctors and staff from undue risk and liability
• Greet patients, having them complete the proper paperwork and informing them of the process flow; Create, update and maintain accurate patient files, both hard copy and in the database system; Confirm and reschedule appointments ensuring all appropriate parties are informed
• Primary patient liaison from the time the patient enters the center
Core Responsibilities / Competencies
• Ophthalmic/optometric experience is preferred; ability to effectively complete testing associates with a consult work-up; customer service orientation; excellent listening and communication skills
• Proficient with standard office equipment; multi-task comfortably; ability to work with a high degree of professionalism
• Exemplary organizational skills; willingness to be cross-trained and fill in for other staff members
• Comfortably handle obstacles to procedure scheduling
• Provides great customer service; delivers high customer satisfaction (always be friendly and helpful); Exhibits a good balance of listening and verbal communications skills; Primary staff member to develop bond with patients ensuring they feel welcomed, understood and appreciated
• Introductory knowledge of TLC's value to prospective patients: packages and pricing, TLC's experience and quality of care, local surgeon experience and bio details
• Candidate will be trained/certified on our lasers and working with the surgeon to perform surgery.
Background in customer service and medical/health industry preferred.
TLC Vision offers training, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and excellent career development opportunities.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to click on the link below to fill out an application and to submit a resume:
TLCVision - 19 months ago