Package Quality and Reliability Engineer
Job Description: Evaluates, from a reliability standpoint, the materials, properties and techniques used in production. Advises design engineering on selection, application and test of electronic components and systems. Recommends design or test methods and statistical process control procedures for achieving required levels of product reliability. Determines reliability requirements of components and systems to achieve company, customer and any governmental agency reliability objectives. Develops new acceleration techniques and analytical tools to assure the early identification of potential problems with new products, packaging, processes, and product reliability. Makes recommendations for changes in the selection and application of components and systems. May propose changes in design or formulation to improve system and/or process reliability.
Quality and Reliability Engineering is a fast paced, dynamic, multitask environment requiring decision making at the strategic and tactical levels. The job requires a highly motivated self-starter ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment. Close working relationships outside of Assembly Technology Development Quality and Reliability (ATD Q&R) are predominantly with Intel's Assembly Test Technology Development (ATTD) Platform groups, Assembly Test Manufacturing (ATM) Q&R and the Product Divisions. The impact of Q&R decisions on these customer groups makes the QRE position one of responsibility and high visibility. In this position, you will be responsible for supporting Q&R assessments of electronic packaging currently under development. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Responsible for the development of quality and reliability risk assessments for new package technologies
- Providing technical inputs on the design of silicon test chips and package assembly test vehicles
- Designing and executing experiments to identify failure mechanisms
- Responsible for the development and execution of technology certification strategies and plans
- Responsible for the extraction and statistical analysis of quality and reliability data to enable prediction of field reliability performance
- Responsible for the communication of results, risks and recommendations
- Supporting for early product high volume production as part of technology transfer to high volume factories
- Responsible for the development of improved Q&R methods and business processes
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience would be obtained through your educational level research and/or relevant job/internship experiences.
Additional qualifications include:
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry, or Physics.
- Demonstrated strength in technical and analytical problem solving
- Critical performance skills include intolerance of mediocrity, self-initiative to take action and be the best, the ability to interpret and clearly communicate achieved results to a wide range of audiences, demonstrated ability to work well in a team setting with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- Mature, self-assured, disciplined, well organized and ability to manage tasks and time to ensure that business needs are met while striking a sustainable work and/or life balance. Must be able to extend influence and work across groups to lead solutions
- Experience in empirical data collection and statistical data analysis, reliability statistics, and design of experiments
- Familiarity with semiconductor packaging assembly operations and flip chip package failure modes and mechanisms would be an added advantage
Nov 26, 2012
Nov 26, 2013
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to final test and optimization, and lastly packaging. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing group are part of a worldwide network of manufacturing and assembly/test facilities.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel’s discretion. Intel invites people of all ages currently enrolled in an academic institution (or graduated within the last 18 months) to apply.
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...