Summary Provides technical assistance to customers and Hillman Field Service staff via Summary Provides technical assistance to customers and Hillman Field Service staff via telephone. Establishes and maintains positive relationships with internal and external customers.
1. Maintains phone in “ready status” and answers incoming calls within specified timeframes.
2. Quickly ascertains caller requests; Asks appropriate questions to clarify information as needed.
3. Evaluates technical issues and determines the appropriate solution.
4. Clearly communicates action steps to callers to resolve technical issues.
5. Reads, interprets and updates a variety of technical manuals and diagrams.
6. Initiates follow-up calls to customer as needed.
7. Accurately documents all calls.
8. Dispatches Hillman Field Service staff to stores as needed.
9. Orders replacement systems and parts as needed.
10. Treats all callers in a courteous and professional manner.
11. Maintains a current knowledge of department operating procedures and technical product information.
12. Continually strives for a higher level of service and customer satisfaction.
13. Participates in departmental improvement teams.
14. Works “on-call” evenings and weekends on a rotating basis as needed.
15. Acts as a back-up to CSR's on overflow calls.
16. Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
Safety - Observes all safety procedures and policies; Reports potentially unsafe conditions to supervisor; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. One year of customer service or call center experience is preferred.
2. Basic computer skills required; Ability to learn in-house software applications. Technical Service Rep (cont.)
3. Good mechanical aptitude; Able to successfully complete training on all Hillman machines.
4. Excellent communication skills; Able to effectively communicate technical information to users. 5. Ability to type 45 wpm.
6. Strong problem-solving skills.
7. Able to work with a variety of personalities and maintain composure under stressful conditions.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
The Hillman Group - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard