The ideal candidate will assist the account management team in the day-to-day client activities. This person is poised and professional and can partner with internal teams, as well as work closely with members of the marketing and admissions departments of their clients.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Ensures and coordinates timely delivery of work and materials to/from internal stakeholders and client
- Liaises between agency and client to provide current information on the status of the account/projects
- Sources and provides information as requested
- Attends and participates in status meetings
- Maintains accurate and up to date records of project status and conference reports
- Builds rapport and credibility with internal and client teams
- Assists in the management of the day-to-day operation of the account and take ownership of work flow, schedules, and budgets
- Assists with internal and external correspondence (client communication, meeting reports, documentation of verbal agreements, etc.)
Key Skills, Qualifications and Traits (E=Essential, P=Preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6 months-2 years related and/or interactive agency experience in account management (internship in an agency also considered)
- P-Significant experience working with clients on performance-oriented interactive marketing programs.
- P-Working knowledge/experience of multiple interactive channels (Paid Search, Natural Search, Affiliate, Display, Mobile, Social, etc.)
- E-Basic knowledge of Internet technologies used in online advertising and lead generation (e.g. Web Analytics, Pixel Tracking, Data Capture/Integration, etc.)
- E-Strong written and verbal communication skills. Outstanding and persuasive presentation skills.
- E-Highly analytical. Able to review data to analyze performance and draw conclusions and insights.
- E-Ability to juggle multiple balls and keep them in the air while working in a fast paced environment.
- E-Ability to work autonomously and with internal teams.
- E-Strong time management skills
- E-Impeccable attention to detail
- E-Proficiency with computer programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit and will use hands and fingers to write, operate a computer keyboard and/or a calculator. Employee must occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to talk and hear in order to exchange information with other employees, customers or vendors. Employee is required to move about the office as necessary to attend meetings, or transport records or files.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition and Recruiting.