General Dynamics Information Technology is a top-tier IT integrator that provides information technology, systems engineering and professional services to customers in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, federal civil and commercial sectors. With approximately 17,000 professionals worldwide, the company has the customer knowledge, domain expertise and proven performance to manage large-scale, mission-critical IT programs. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Responsible for applying psychological principles and techniques to problems of human effectiveness, maladjustment, and psychological disturbances. Evaluates, diagnoses, and treats psychological and neuropsychological disorders. Teaches, supervises, and directs clinical psychology and related mental health programs. Primary Responsibilities:
Masters Degree in clinical psychology, counseling or clinical social work, preferably with an emphasis on psychotherapy. Must maintain Continuing Education credit sufficient to maintain both their clinical license and to meet MTF specific Quality Assurance standards for credentialing as a psychologist. Contract psychologists must meet all requirements for the credentialing facilities where they will be providing services. Basic Life Support Training: All contract psychologists must possess and maintain current course completion documentation for basic life support (BLS) through an American Heart Association and/or Red Cross approved training program. BLS shall be renewed every two years.
- Responsible for administering clinical psychology programs. Plans, organizes, and directs clinical psychology service or department. Implements mental health programs through consulting with other disciplines on problems.
- Performs mental health evaluations and therapies. Applies psychological procedures and techniques in evaluating, diagnosing, and treating psychological and neuropsychological disorders.
- Provides individual and group therapy, behavior modification paradigms, and biofeedback procedures in treating psychological disorders.
- Performs research and training. Plans and conducts clinical psychological research. Determines methods to be used in investigation, assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of mental health problems.
- Provides education and training in psychological theory, diagnostic techniques, treatment modalities, and related mental health programs to psychologists, allied disciplines, and personnel in medical, educational, managerial, and social and community programs.
- May present patient cases in regularly scheduled case staffing meetings to discuss status and updates to cases under the direction of the C, BHD and/or C, TBI, Clinic OIC, and/or other assigned supervisors.
- Provides consultation to team members, clients, and resident families to create a thorough understanding of mental health issues.
- Maintains documentation consistent with program standards.
Minimum 2-3 years in a clinical environment required. Minimum of 2-3 years of TBI experience preferred. Prior experience within the DoD/VA systems of care strongly preferred.
Must have and maintain a currentlicense to practice Medicine in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands that allows for the independent practice of clinical services. This license must be current (not revoked, suspended, or lapsed in registration), valid (the issuing authority accepts and considers QA information (i.e. practitioner professional performance and conduct in determining continued licenses)), and unrestricted (not subject to restriction pertaining to the scope, location, or type of practice ordinarily granted to other applicants for similar licenses in granting jurisdiction).
washingtonpost.com - 18 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons s...