The Learning & Development Coordinator assists with the implementation of all aspects of learning programs from design to facilitation and various development initiatives throughout the organization. They are responsible for ensuring consistency with L&D objectives, maintaining appropriate records and evaluating Learning & Development effectiveness across the Outdoor Coalition.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 2+.
A bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field; and a minimum of 2
years training, development or related Human Resources experience, preferably
in a retail or other service-oriented organization, or an equivalent
combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge,
skills and abilities.
Clear and effective oral communication skills including public speaking and
comfortable moderating large groups.
Demonstrated effective written communication skills, specifically in creating
training programs and corporate communications.
Ability to function independently (in a multi-task and fast-paced environment)
as well as part of a team.
Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, and HRIS software.
DDI Facilitator certification a plus.
Extremely detail oriented with exceptional follow through skills.
Ability to maintain confidential information.
Possess a balance between analytical and creative thinking skills.
Knowledge of the Outdoor and Action Sports industry a plus.
Experience working in the retail/fashion industry.
Minimal travel, approximately 10%
1. Responsible for managing company On-Boarding program including preparing for and facilitating new hire orientation as well as designing, evaluating, and managing onboarding programs.
2. Manages preparation and execution of learning programs which includes: preparing and distributing training aids such as instructional material, handouts, evaluation forms and visual aids, as well as scheduling training sessions, ensuring facility set-up, audiovisual set-up, employee confirmation, follow-up and maintaining trainee records.
3. Assists with creating new training programs; reviewing, evaluating and modifying existing and proposed programs; recommends appropriate changes.
4. Assists with facilitation of leadership development curriculum, as well as other courses as needed.
5. Assists with learning needs assessments and determining action plans as well as conducting research and evaluating various vendors for specific needs.
6. Assesses training effectiveness in terms of employee accomplishments and performance.
7. Maintains the Company’s performance management program, including management of calendar and system, communication to management and employees, training on process and system, and reporting. Recommends appropriate changes.
8. Assists with various Organizational Development and Human Resources initiatives.
The movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High put Vans sneakers on the map, but the company owes its current popularity to the fashion sense of...