The Account Category Manager:|
Required Educational Qualifications
- Develop and own overall category strategy at the account level
- Translate category insight and account data into specific account strategies.
- Define opportunities and drive category growth at the account level
- Analyze SKU efficiency and develop space optimization plans across brands
- Analyze account promotions across brands for optimal category sales
- Create cross-brand sales presentations to maximize CPD opportunity
- Analyze shopper behavior and share insights across brands and account teams (report back into the Central Category Mgmt team)
- Support the National Sales Managers and FSVP’s with category information and insight as required
- Engage with the account’s category team to help in driving category growth at the account
Required Experience & Skills
Additional Desirable Skills
- 3-5 years of experience in the consumer goods industry;
- 2-3 years Category Management experience
- Flexibility for overnight travel for periodic business needs.
- High level of analytical and problem solving ability supplemented by strong hands on knowledge of syndicated database applications (IRI Xlerate Plus preferred) and project management skills – able to hold to deadlines and broad scope of initiatives
- Solid presentation proficiency and interpersonal skills a must
- Detailed knowledge of the retail industry with specific understanding of individual retailer profile and strategy.
- Results Oriented
- Conveys Energy and a positive attitude
- Detail oriented with solid analytical, written and verbal communication
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Application of syndicated and consumer databases and key industry applications including MVI and CPR/NPF
- Knowledge of modern sales tools and data systems (CRM, digital...)
- Knowledge of space management software
L'Oreal - 2 years ago
L’Oréal is world leader in beauty products.
Created in 1909 by Eugène Schueller, a visionary chemist with a...