$300 sign on bonus, paid after 60 days of employment
PAY: starting at 11/hr - experience will be considered when evaluating a starting wage.
Both AM and PM positions available
Year round work available
- All job opportunities at Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort require the ability to comply with our Professional Appearance, Drug & Alcohol, and Employee Conduct Policies.
Under the direction of Executive Chef
Responsible for coordinating individual station and communicating with front and back of house personnel to provide a dining experience that exceeds guest expectations.
Position Functions / Areas of Responsibility
1.Reports to work on time in the proper uniform. Obeys all company rules and regulations.
2.Obtains assigned station from Chef at the beginning of the shift. Prepares mis en place for his/her station and is ready to assist others if needed. Completes daily duties before and after the shift.
3.Meets all guest needs during the course of the meal in order to achieve a positive dining experience for the guest.
4.Ensures standards of appearance and sanitation are maintained on a daily basis. Maintains good safety practices of employees throughout the kitchen.
5.Participates in on-going employee training. Takes part in all incentive programs.
6.Maintains line of communication between Chef, Kitchen, Bar and Dining Room.
1.Occasional contact with guests.
2.Direct and continuous contact with co-workers, management, and other departments.
3.Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
Education & Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1-2 years of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
Skills & Knowledge
Must deomonstrate competency in reading writing and arithmetic and have the basic knowled of culinary terms and knif skills. In addition, must demonstrate ability to learn recipes, handle all kichen equipment, and lean basic kitchen techniques. Candiate must have the ability to multi-task i.e., prep several itema at once while accepting direction from the Chef or Sous Chef.
Position requires exercise of judgment within policy guidelines, problem solving and initiation of activities written job description and responsibility limitations. Also requires understanding of other Snowbird operations.
- Shifts vary, may be early morning or late evening, weekends, holidays, depending on business levels.
- Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary on occasional times of road closures.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
Snowbird - 22 months ago