Driver CDL Class B
Airgas USA, LLC., a leading distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases, and welding supplies is seeking an experienced local CDL Class B Driver to join our Dry Ice Branch Operations team in Okalhoma City.
The Class-B Driver position will deliver products to local customers on a scheduled route or intermittently. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtains signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Listens to and resolves service inquires and complaints. Load/unload truck. Performs pre and post trip vehicle inspections, documenting deficiencies and ensures all safety items are in good working order. Maintains neat, clean and professional personal appearance, and maintains vehicle appearance in a professional manner.
- Drives truck to destination. Prepares receipts for load picked up.
- Must maintain required Commercial License and abide by all Airgas and DOT regulations
- Maintains truck log, according to state and federal regulations.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions. Loads and unloads truck.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- May perform emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires, installing light bulbs, tire chains.
- Secures cargo prior to and during transit.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to pass physical, MVR check and drug screen in accordance with DOT
- Must have a CDL Class B license with clean record.
- A bility to pass drug test, DOT background check and physical.
- Knowledge of the area and ability to lift 60 lbs required.
- Forklift experience and/or the ability to become certified is required
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and three to five years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid B Commercial Driver’s License.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before customers or associates.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of the Company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Looking for a great company to work for? You’ll Find It With Us! Airgas USA LLC offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement and more.
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer and promotes a Drug Free Work Environment.
Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of industrial, medical and specialty...