Senior Oracle Applications Server Admin
Long Island, NY
6 months +
This key individual will be responsible for integrating Web systems with existing systems, enabling the creation of new Web enterprises or expanding business onto the Web. You will be working with the operations staff (UNIX, DBA, etc.), IT management, and vendors in resolution of highly complex technical problems.
- Install and maintain Oracle Application Servers and software, develop scripts and establish configuration standards, work with Oracle DBAs on system setup.
- Act as primary contact for Website related issues and provide basic training to other staff as required.
- Maintain and document revisions to Oracle Application Server Systems, including responses to system outages, in order to report on all aspects of system operations.
- Assist DBA Team with hardware capacity planning, testing and system migrations.
- Assist with responses to security exploitations and compromises as required
- Implement Web standards and processes around various data center activities to measure performance, capability, capacity, etc.
- Gather statistics to assist in hardware requirements and network bandwidth to support projected transaction volumes, response time and system availability while providing direction and guidance to less experienced staff.
- Work closely with other technology teams as required to prioritize activities and insure compliance to corporate and legal policies
- Provide on-call support as required.
Technical production and implementation support background. (Oracle Application Server Admin, Linux Admin)
- Strong experience in Oracle Application Server Architecture and Administration of 9i & 10g environments
- Oracle Application Server Admin experience in Portal, SSO, OID, Webcache (Clustering), Infrastructure Clustering, Metadata Repository Creation and HA Configurations
- Oracle Application Server Admin experience supporting high volume web sites with Performance tuning experience
- Oracle Application Server 9i & 10g and Database experience
- Oracle Application Server Portal Architecture for large scale Portal Deployments with internet exposure and 24x7 access
- Experience with PL*Sql, Sql*Plus, Apache, Java, JSP, Servlets, JDBC and Unix Scripting
- Significant experience in establishing, running and supporting a highly available, redundant server environment
- Experience in Oracle Application Server CPU Patching and Security tightening
- Experience with Installation, Configuration and Upgrading of a Plateau Oracle Application Server environment
- Experience with Oracle RAC database Metadata Repositories
- Strong knowledge of Linux (including clusters) OS (5+ years)
- Working knowledge of networking and switched network technologies
- Working knowledge of Disaster Recovery activities
NTT Data - 19 months ago
NTT DATA is your Innovation Partner anywhere around the world, with operations in more than 40 countries. The 6th largest global IT services...