The Director of Interiors will be responsible for the overall development and success of the KlingStubbins Washington D.C office with specific responsibility to the development of an Interiors Studio and its continued success. This position offers a seasoned Interiors professional the opportunity to take on a substantial leadership role, building the interiors department within an established, successful Firm. He/she will be design focused and drive closer collaboration and involvement with architecture and engineering. The Director of Interiors will be responsible for developing business and a portfolio of clients and projects while managing team activities and leading projects in a multi-disciplinary practice.
•Responsible for the vision and direction of the Interiors Studio
• Direct the efforts of Business Development/Public Relations for the Interiors studio in Mid Atlantic Region
• Direct the operational efforts of the studio including all staffing and financial management
• Lead effort of preparation and presenation of the Firm to our Client Base
• Oversee all components of the Studio to ensure development and success of the group
• Oversee all projects and ensure service, innovation and quality assurance
• Develop a strong design team and champion design excellence
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with branch office Principals and the National Director of Interiors
Training and Experience
We are seeking a self-motivated, strong leader who will be able to hit the ground running and build the interiors business by staffing the department, retaining business with existing clients and attracting new clients through marketing initiatives. This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to foster leadership skills and hone creative vision with a growing Firm that rewards hard work with further opportunities for personal and professional development.
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to direct and motivate the activities of a successful team
• Vision to direct and build department toward corporate goals, design excellence, quality, volume and profit
• Ability to multitask in order to manage several projects concurrently, meeting competing deadlines and keeping up with administrative tasks
• Seasoned understanding of interior design, business development and marketing within the interior design/architecture market
• Knowledge of current trends, clients and markets in the corporate, health care, higher education, government, technology and hospitality sectors
• Thorough understanding of the technical process for large-scale interiors projects with a specific emphasis in the corporate sector
• Excellent visual and graphic presentation skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience leading a team in a senior capacity
• 20+ years experience working in the field of architecture or design
• Demonstrated track record working on and managing corporate interior design projects.
• Experience with administrative tasks such as managing project work plans, schedules, staffing, contractors and budgets
• Degree in Architecture or Interior Design required
• Registration preferred
Other Essential Functions
Affirmative Action/Employment Opportunity
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home
Last Updated By
No results found.
Jacobs - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Jacobs Engineering fuels its rise up the ladder with oil, gas, and chemicals. The group provides technical, professional, and construction...