Hoku Solar, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hoku Corporation (NASDAQ: HOKU), a diversified clean energy technologies company founded in 2001, is seeking a motivated and experienced Project Manager to be based at Hoku’s Honolulu headquarters. The position will be responsible for ensuring project completion for various photovoltaic (PV) solar electric systems projects throughout Hawaii.
The successful candidate will join a small and accomplished group dedicated to the widest, most cost-effective deployment of clean solar energy technology possible.
- Manage and coordinate project specific procurement and logistical plans. These include but are not exclusive to:
- Coordinate and organize site visits and communicating with the client
- Ensure that permit paperwork is properly obtained, submitted, and maintained
- Coordinate plan and construction activities between Hoku team, subcontractors, and vendors
- Ensure that management is informed of upcoming project deliverables, milestones, and conflicts
- Ensure that each project is complete according to set timeline and budget
- Collaborate with Project Engineer and Construction Superintendent to ensure accountability and successful execution of all assigned projects.
- Perform pre-construction activities including project turnover from sales representative and estimator, coordinate submittals and design approval with Project Development team, and communicate field data to Construction team.
- Track, manage, and communicate status of all critical path project elements among internal and external stakeholders.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Travel as necessary.
If this career opportunity interests you, please apply today.
- 3+ years of professional project management experience, including contract management, scheduling, pre-construction, coordination, and dispatching.
- General construction or utilities experience are highly preferred. Solar Industry experience is helpful.
- Must have experience managing complex, high value projects both in-field and in-office.
- Experience negotiating and managing vendor, sub-contractor relationships is preferred.
- Highly sought after individual characteristics include:
- Positive attitude and initiative
- High level of ethics and professionalism.
- Acute level of self awareness to appropriately interpret organizational policies and, using best judgment, implement policies and practices.
- Ability to be accountable for tasks and projects assigned.
- Ability to interpret technical and complex information (photovoltaic project specifications, materials procurement process, construction process, government permitting programs, vendor agreements, etc.)
- Ability to work and communicate with diverse people in differing environments.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels.
- Ability to resolve personnel conflicts and to continuously motivate staff.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Strong drive and initiative.
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork.
- Ability to successfully meet competing priorities/deadlines within a challenging and demanding environment.
- Superior ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Proficiency in Windows and all MS Office applications is required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Willingness and ability to:
- Meet physical challenges of the job (i.e., climbing on rooftops, working in various environmental conditions)
- Travel up to 50%
- PMP certification is helpful.
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields (e.g., Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management, etc.) is highly preferred.
This is a full-time position with Hoku Solar that offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. Please join us as we help shape a clean energy future.
In state candidates preferred. No relocation assistance is available for this position.
Principals only please. No agency candidates will be considered. Please apply direct to Hoku. No phone calls please. Hoku is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.
HOKU Corporation - 20 months ago