COMET Direct Procurement Analyst-BUS000703
Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Business Analyst is responsible for working both independently and as a part of a team to identify business requirements and ensure they are met within the COMET solution set. COMET ERP is a key enabler of integration for the New Merck that uses enterprise software to improve, standardize and link core business processes and data globally.
The individual will have functional business expertise within Procure-to-Pay. The individual will work across all phases of the project (Project Prep, Business Blueprint, Realization, Final Preparation, and Go-Live & Support). In this position, he or she will be required to report progress to goals, identify key risks and mitigation strategies, provide direct support for other process teams or work threads, and complete other duties as needed or assigned. Individual contribution is a requirement of this role.
Key Activities include but not limited to:
- Design and Functional/Technical specifications development
- Design and document Business Process Procedures (BPPs)
- Implementation scope/functionality refinement
- Document, configure and test SAP and COMET solution set
- Develop and execute unit testing
- Design and test security roles
- Functional mapping of requirements to solution set
- Development of training materials and delivery of end-user training
- Post go-live stabilization and support activities
- Testing and setup of COMET solution set
- Go-Live cutover activities
Additionally, will assist with:
- Business Process Definition
- Performance measures and deliverables
- Change leadership interventions and activities
- Process control framework
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a business or technical related role, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry, with minimum of two full life cycle implementation
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working with Material Management module in SAP, some of which is in a production support capacity
- Broad, comprehensive understanding of planning, procurement, material handling and payables operations and related international experience / exposure.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of end to end procurement and payables process.
- Ability to understand and actively support a long term vision and implement incremental milestones in support of that vision
- Excellent communication, project management, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Aptitude for learning and ability to managing multiple and competing priorities.
- Prominently developed skills in the design and development of global solutions, including proven experience in collaborating with business partners to capture requirements and design enabling solutions/processes.
- A minimum of 3 years of technical documentation and formal testing experience
- Travel up to 20% both domestically and internationally.
- Experience with an SAP upgrade project.
- Knowledge and understanding of Merck (COMET) global template
- Demonstrated leadership in achieving shared objectives within a matrixed organization, participating in cross-divisional projects and building effective cross-functional relationships.
- Functional and technical expertise with current business solutions supporting Procurement.
- RICEF (Report-Interface-Conversion-Enhancements-Forms) design/authoring skills
- Skill in designing testing scenarios for integrated business processes.
- Advanced degree (Masters)
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Merck’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes ted by search firms to any employee at Merck via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Former Military, Transitioning Service Members, National Guard & Reserves - We value your past and present service.
Job: Business/Technical Analysis
Job Title : Senior Specialist
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Lebanon
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Merck & Co. - 2 years ago
Merck makes medicines for a number of maladies, from stuffy noses and asthma to hypertension and arthritis. The...