The CV First children's pastor/director is the vital leader in a growing ministry to our youngest treasures and their families. The church is in a season of preparation for anticipated growth. This individual, as a member of the leadership team will help
lead our ministry to children via AWANA, Sunday school, and youth sports.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Provide strategic leadership, planning and training for children’s ministry team.
- Sunday morning leadership and oversight of all children’s ministry classes, events, and promotional activities.
- Serve as part of the staff leadership team, including attendance at all scheduled staff meetings, training sessions, and pertinent church events.
- Oversee the children’s ministry budget.
- Oversight of the AWANA ministry and the AWANA commander.
- Direct and grow the children’s Sunday school program (ages: birth through 5 th grade), including teacher recruitment and training, worship, curriculum, appreciation, and family support.
- Serve as the primary staff contact for the Crossover CV Youth Basketball ministry, including support of volunteer staff and liaison with the local churches.
- Oversee the development, selection and implementation of Sunday school curriculum.
- Responsible for recruitment and equipping of all staffing for children’s ministry.
- Manage all communications between ministries which interact with children’s ministry.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the safety and security protocols of children on CV First campus.
- Serve as staff liaison to A Kid’s Kingdom preschool.
- Oversee all operations of the nursery, including management of staff and security.
- Communicate regularly with parents using various platforms regarding the on-going goals and schedule of the children’s ministry.
- Develop a team and oversee implementation of childcare needs during CV First ministry events.
- Continue to establish priorities for growing healthy families at CV First.
- Serve as one of the CV First representatives to the Community Vacation Bible School committee.
This is a full-time position with benefits.
- A growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A passion for ministry to children and their parents.
- Full acceptance of the CV First purpose and vision.
- Bachelor's degree, in an applicable area of study.
- Proven ability to recruit, organize, administer and lead a team of volunteers.
- Experience and proficiency in modern communication tools.
- Experience and support for youth sports ministry.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and references to: Don Ott, Senior Pastor, CV First Baptist Church, 18550 Redwood Road, Castro Valley, CA 94546. Emails are preferred at email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin immediately.
ChurchStaffing.com - 18 months ago