eHarmony is a growing, global technology company built on the belief that marrying computer science and relationship psychology can change the way people find their most significant relationships. Do you want to bring happiness to people’s lives while working with amazingly talented colleagues?
We’re looking for innovators and problem solvers who are passionate about taking on the biggest of challenges. We were the first to introduce matchmaking into the online dating space, and we do it better than anyone else. We’re the Netflix where your movies have to like you back; we're the LinkedIn where you love your connections; and we're the place long-lasting, meaningful relationships are built online. How much of an impact do we have? Nearly 5% of all marriages in the U.S. are created by eHarmony. That’s 271 marriages per day.
eHarmony is pre-IPO, well-funded and profitable. We have more than 33 million registered users spanning across 150 countries and have launched country-specific services in the United Kingdom and Australia and through our affiliation with eDarling, have a presence in 11 countries throughout continental Europe. Our competitive compensation package includes a base salary, discretionary bonus, stock options, free drinks and snacks, ping pong, video games and an on-site chair masseuse. Our 65,000 square foot headquarters is located in Santa Monica, CA, just blocks from the Pacific Ocean.
eHarmony is seeking a strong Senior Systems Administrator. Primary responsibilities include maintaining server software and hardware along with managing storage infrastructure (i.e., SAN, NAS, data protection/backup). You will be responsible for directly interacting with software engineering as well as non-technical teams within the company. This position requires flexibility and willingness to be on call and available 24 hours a day, including weekends on a rotating schedule.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
The successful candidate will have:
- Managing Intel hardware and Linux operating systems across a multi-rack site
- Managing web applications, web services and Java EE applications in a very high-volume environment
- Having first-line responsibility for isolating application-level configuration, performance and database problems
- Provisioning and configuration of new systems
- Analysis and tuning of system performance
- Setting up standard operating procedures including how software is deployed, change management practices are implemented, and performance tuning is performed, etc.
- Setting up system monitoring and performance monitoring frameworks
- Setting up and maintain alert and security policies
- Working closely with Senior Network Operations Engineers and the Database Administration team
- Partnering closely with the Engineering team to assist them in isolating and debugging code-related problems
- 5-7+ years of IT/Internet industry experience
- Extensive UNIX/Linux systems administration experience
- Strong Java EE application server experience (e.g. WebLogic, JBoss)
- Experience managing web-based applications in a large-scale Linux environment
- Strong understanding of networking and Internet protocols
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- "Big Data" experience (e.g. hadoop)
- Configuration management frameworks (e.g. chef, puppet)
- Strong scripting skills in a dynamic language (Ruby, perl, bash)
Looking to settle down harmoniously? eharmony.com (doing business as eHarmony) is an online service that attempts to match singles looking...