The Accountant I is responsible for analyzing the Goods Receipt/Invoice Receipt (GR/IR) open liability balances and propose resolution to clear open items. The Accountant I also performs month-end close activities and account reconciliations.
• Research outstanding liabilities.
• Coordinate resolution of outstanding liabilities with stakeholders (Supply Chain, Procure to Pay, Project Managers, Procurement, Capital Planning).
• Run GR/IR weekly clearing program in SAP.
• Publish GR/IR weekly open liability report.
• Publish Enterprise Buyer Professional (EBP) accrual report weekly.
• Prepare and record system accruals for all of CCR entities.
• Record field timing accruals and other general accounting journal entries.
• Prepare monthly account reconciliations.
• Consolidate balance sheet narratives for the Coca-Cola Refreshments legal entities.
• Assist internal and external auditors (Ernst & Young) with questions on accruals or GR/IR.
• Assists with special projects, as assigned.
• Ensure compliance with GAAP, Standard Accounting Manual, and other company policies and procedures.
• Continually review, challenge, and change accounting processes to develop "best in class" accounting organization.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Accounting required.
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel required.
• Knowledge of GAAP.
• Flexibility to adjust to work load and hours when necessary.
Preferred Job Requirements:
• Experience in accounting or financial analysis preferred.
• Intermediate Microsoft Access preferred.
• SAP work experience preferred.
• Excellent analytical skills.
A credit check is required for this position in Finance.
Coca-Cola Refreshments - 19 months ago
Coca-Cola in Canada operates in all ten provinces and employs 6,300 people in more than 50 facilities, including seven production...