LA Fitness, one of the world’s fastest-growing Health Club chains, is hiring Fitness Equipment Technicians for the San Diego area. Qualified applicants will have service experience troubleshooting electrical, electromechanical and mechanical systems. Experience with Fitness Equipment is preferred but not required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Visit assigned clubs according to weekly schedule. Act on open service issues identified by club personnel. Perform walk-through equipment inspection and repair any equipment found faulty. Perform preventive maintenance in accordance with Company procedures.
Using our Equipment Maintenance computer program, report service work performed, place orders for parts needed for equipment repairs and enter requests for manufacturer warranty service as applicable. Communicate with Service Coordinator on any parts or service not received within expected timeframe. Maintain a system for keeping track of orders placed, orders received and orders that are outstanding.
Communicate clearly and cooperatively with club personnel with respect to condition of equipment, repairs completed, outstanding issues, status of preventive maintenance, etc.
Manage parts inventory in assigned service van: Record parts used, parts received. Report any shipment errors to the Service Coordinator. Submit physical inventory records when required.
Maintain a neat and clean appearance at all times, despite the “unclean” nature of some repair work.
Exercise safe equipment repair practices and safe driving habits at all times.
Exercise care of the Company service van. Keep inventory and tools stored neatly. Ensure that van receives scheduled maintenance. Report any van problems promptly. Vans shall be subject to inspection at any time and without prior notice.
L.A. Fitness is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of having a diverse workforce. We seek and encourage qualified applicants regardless of gender, ethnicity, or other cultural or physical characteristics.
- Broad technical ability, including ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical, electromechanical and mechanical systems. Associates’ Degree or military training in electrical/electronics preferred.
- Absolute reliability and honesty: Able to work independently while performing complete and effective equipment repairs to ensure safety for, and minimize inconvenience to, LA Fitness club members. Safeguard Company property.
- Strong communications skills and a positive attitude.
- Flexibility and ability to perform under abruptly changing priorities when necessary.
- Valid California Drivers’ License with clean DMV record (will be verified by LA Fitness’ insurance underwriters).
- Legal right to work in the U.S.
- Must have own mechanics tools
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs., bend frequently.
Founded in 1984, LA Fitness is one of the fastest growing sports club chains in the United States and presently has over 340 locations in 22...