Eaton Corporation’s PMC Division of Eaton Aerospace, has an opening for a Subcontract Program Manager in Jackson, MS.
The Subcontract Program Manager manages, in a matrix environment, subcontractors of critical components during the development of phase of New Programs. Subcontract Program Management focuses on ensuring Program Management discipline is integrated into the Supply Chain ensuring suppliers meet the program Cost / Schedule / Performance requirements in accordance with the PROLaunch process. This role focuses on the management of the subcontractor versus the subcontract (i.e. management of the supplier versus management of PO deliverables) from Phase 0 Concept thru Phase 6 Transition to Production ensuring maximum supplier involvement from project launch through rate production.
The successful candidate will be able to do the following:
• Align the Supply Chain to meet program critical path requirements, ensuring compliance with customer flow-down requirements (offset, DFAR, quality, etc.), and ensuring success of the overall program sourcing strategy.
• Develop strong supplier relationship modeling expertise to ensure contractual requirements are met and to support growth of the business relationship between Eaton and the selected subcontractors. Position interfaces through the Program Office, ensuring smooth flow of supply chain processes and complete alignment supplier through customer.
• Manages the subcontractor to ensure timely completion of all efforts associated with the project.
• Ensures the program selects sources in accordance with the Sourcing Strategy established by the Commodity Leads.
• Ensure the supply chain process is fully engaged from RFQ through the various reviews including System Requirements, Preliminary Design, Critical Design, Test Readiness, and Production Readiness.
• Understands critical paths with the Eaton prime program (proposal stage, pending win, win, development, test, transition to production) including supplier dependencies and new program awards
• Develops and manages project plans, utilizing the Early Sourcing Work Plan (ESWP), necessary to ensure program success
• Develops, with support of program team, required Statements Of Work (SOW) and Performance Based Specifications (PBS) on which the award will be based
• Leads review of proposal response and prepares team (procurement, technical, quality) to audit potential suppliers
• Ensures compliance with applicable contract flow-downs (FAR, DFAR, TINA, etc.)
- Proven capability to lead change in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities.
- Broad knowledge of product and manufacturing process.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management and process improvement skills.
- Detail oriented.
Eaton is a power management company with 2013 sales of $22.0 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers...