At CIGNA, we are committed to providing our customers with employee benefits, expertise and services that improve the health, well-being and productivity of their employees. CIGNA's people are the key to our success in a changing and increasingly competitive marketplace. The collective skills, behaviors and work experiences of all CIGNA employees enable us to make a real difference in the lives of our members. We seek the most talented and creative minds in the industry to develop innovative solutions our customers value and consumers expect.
CIGNA offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, 401k plan, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
Acts as the principal designer for major systems and their subsystems utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools and existing designs. Provides comprehensive consultation to business unit and IT management and staff at the highest technical level on all phases of application programming and processes for diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server, software, hardware, technologies and tools, etc.). Works closely with client and IT management and staff to identify application development solutions, new or modified programs, reuse of existing code through the use of program development software alternatives, or integration of purchased solutions or a combination of the available alternatives. Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective application programming solution. May code new or modified programs, reuse existing code through the use of program development software alternatives and/or integrates purchased solutions. Documents, tests, implements and provides on-going support for the applications. Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, at least eight, typically ten or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of six years experience application program development, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
Key Words: Synygy, .net, SQL, VBA, Web-based.
- Provide 24X7 rotating on-call production support.
- Provide systems expertise on applications to system users, business partners, and other internal/external customers
- Provide Help Desk support to system users. Includes system triage and data correction.
- Troubleshoot system issues both business and technical
- Proactively identify inefficiencies in systems and propose changes to increases system accuracy and cost effectiveness.
- Must be highly analytical and a strong problem solver
- Must be open to learning new applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Aptitude for learning quickly
- Prior experience with web-based vendor applications preferred
- Prior application development and application support experience required.
Cigna is a global health service company, dedicated to helping the people we serve improve their health, well-being and sense of security....