Founded in 1995 and headquartered in Birmingham, AL, SuccessEHS is a nationally recognized medical and dental software vendor providing a single solution Practice Management and EHR system. SuccessEHS software, entirely in-house developed and supported, has achieved multiple certifications from CCHIT. Our employees are driven, technologically savvy, and dedicated to providing the best service to our customers. We believe that our employees and the service they provide are what set us apart in the industry.
The Patient Advocate manages all aspects of the patient A/R process including statements, collections, and responding to patient inquiries.
• Answer incoming patient calls from the ACD line daily.
• Return patient calls daily and assist them with their questions regarding billing statements.
• Resolve patient issues by researching the patient’s account and correcting insurance information, demographics, etc.
• Refer any patient questions about specific coding or visit information back to the client when needed.
• Complete all aspects of statement processing for assigned outsourcing clients in a timely, accurate, and high-quality manner. Processing tasks include, but are not limited to, statement preparation, submission, and reconciliation.
• Resolve issues on the Bad Address report by calling patients to get their correct address and/or using online resources to locate updated address information.
• Complete all aspects of collection processing for assigned outsourcing clients in a timely, accurate, and high-quality manner. Collection tasks include, but are not limited to, collection letter preparation, submission, and reconciliation.
• Conduct patient collection calls based on their collection status.
• Log all client issues encountered in internal tracking system, including enhancement requests, bugs, errors, and inquiries.
• Assist, train, and consult with other departments as needed.
• Participate in continuing education of applicable software and hardware.
• Participate in departmental and other meetings as requested.
• Ensure that Patient AR Manager is aware of any client issues or problems in a timely manner.
• Complete other tasks as assigned by manager.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to articulate and communicate complex topics to a broad audience.
• Strong customer services skills and high level of professionalism
• Strong desire to learn.
• Solid computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Able to manage variety of tasks concurrently.
Preferred Education/Work Experience
• High School Diploma/GED required.
• AS Degree or BS Degree preferred.
• 1 to 2 years of Customer Service experience.
• Healthcare experience a plus.
• Medical software experience a plus.