Reporting to the VP of Service Management, this role plans and manages activities of the Level 2 IT Field Support resources (40-50 staff located at offices throughout the US). It provides leadership and direction in planning, developing, and maintaining the Parsons Brinckerhoff IT Service operation function. This role will be located in our new Shared Services Facility in Lancaster, PA. The principal duties are as follows:
- To lead team of technical field support analysts to provide second line support services to ensure the stable operation of the organisation's desk-side and local office support services.
- To work closely with service desk team to resolve incidents within SLAs and participate in problem management.
- To provide technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures.
- Plan and managesthe technical support activities of the technical support team.
- Provide 2nd line support oversight along with major incident participation, resolving all incidents and requests in line with SLA’s and under taking problem management working closely with Service Management teams.
- Support service management processes as appropriate, including service continuity / disaster recovery, capacity management, configuration and asset management, data protection and IT security.
- Ensure the production environment is protected, preventing any disruption to services outside of agreed maintenance windows.
- Document all work carried out in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures and adheres to any configuration management procedures and any resolution processes are documented within the Knowledge database.
- Ensure the technical support service remains efficient, cost effective and customer focused.
- Lead field support automation and process improvement initiatives; define strategy and be accountable for execution plans.
- Manage team of technical support analysts and respective office coverage schedules to meet workload and priorities.
- Keep users and other interested parties informed of progress throughout the lifecycle via the Service Desk team and ensure that corrective actions are taken to avoid or minimise delays.
- Identify and drive opportunities to increase the amount of calls that can be resolved by 1st line support.
- Ensure that together the team develops effective working relationships at all levels by simplifying complex technical messages and acting as an advocate of IT both externally and internally.
- Ensure that together the team is focused on achieving results using all resources available from initiation through to delivery and feels comfortable to challenge and be challenged.
- Actively promote and encourage team working across the IT function, in particular establishing an excellent working relationship with the Service Desk and other IT service support teams.
- Provide oversight of on-site IT training in support of IT service changes/releases.
- Working with IT project management, maintain on-site field support for office moves, adds and decommissions.
- Define and maintain IT service KPI metrics.
- Some travel will be necessary to meet in person with staff.
- College degree in Computer Science, Information Management or a related field; MS in Computer Science or Information Management is a plus.
- At least five years technical experience working with a team of technical support analysts with a dispersed resource base.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a technical analyst team and the development of the team to embrace a high quality customer service focus, while achieving a progressive and high level of incident resolution.
- Familiarity with ITIL framework and practices, ITIL V3 Foundations certification minimum, preferred ITIL practitioner certification in one or more IT service operation processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels in the organization.
Parsons Brinckerhoff offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package to all eligible employees. Health and Welfare benefits include medical plans, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, dental and vision plans, disability insurance, and life and travel accident insurance. We also offer a 401(k) voluntary retirement savings plan with a company match. In addition, Parsons Brinckerhoff offers paid time off, company holidays, and an Employee Assistance Program. A wide array of voluntary benefits are offered including prepaid legal services, critical illness insurance, supplemental life insurance, auto and home insurance, and even pet insurance.
Talented? Check. In demand? Check. Handsome? You decide. Check out this Beatty -- Balfour Beatty. The company provides infrastructure and...