The Nurse Case Manager is a professional caregiver who will formulate, implement, coordinate, monitor and evaluate strategies for patients and families. They work collaboratively with the patient, families and health care team to provide extraordinary care for the patient while being sensitive to costs and resources. The Care Manager will develop, document and implement a plan or plans, which will provide the appropriate resources to address social, physical, mental, emotional, spiritual and supportive needs. Additionally, the care manager may contact insurance companies to determine a patient's plan coverage, and maintains an active role in denial prevention and justifying patient medical needs. Valuable communication skills are utilized in coordinating with multiple patient care teams to ensure the patient receives quality care, in a timely discharge, and to identify and resolve delays and issues.
Benefits Eligible: No
Shift Details: On-call temporary position, variable shifts between 8 and 10 hours; must be available to work days, nights, weekdays, weekends and/or holidays
Department: Case Management
- Bachelor's degree. Intermountain verifies both degree attainment and educational institution accreditation following an offer of employment
- Two or more years of clinical nursing experience
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) License for state in which the nurse practices
- This position requires verifiable current Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR certification. An original card must be verified prior to start date or the job offer will be withdrawn. For additional information regarding CPR requirements please visit our Job Requirements Page .
- Hearing/Listening, Manual Dexterity, Seeing, Speaking
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing
- Case Management Certification
- One or more years of experience in case management, utilization review, and discharge planning
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...