Director of Admissions
The role of the managing Director of Admissions (DOA) at each Heald campus is a vital part of the colleges’ successful operation and continued growth. Successfully leading the admissions department to achieving start and revenue goal is critical to the organizations success.
- Building a strong team of admissions advisors and administrative staff through effective hiring, training, developing, and coaching of staff members.
- Implementing all Heald Admissions Policies and Best Practices.
- Ensuring the established Heald Admissions processes are effective in their Campus.
- Primary responsibility for training admissions advisors both on technique and admissions processes.
- Conducting Admissions meetings and training sessions weekly.
- Delivering specific training tools to admissions advisors to optimize individual and team performance related to the Admissions Flash and Minimum Standards of Performance.
- Coaching advisors on goals needed for promotion based on the current adult advisor compensation plan.
- Manage performance within the policies established by Human Resources Heald CAO.
- Provide on-going training to admissions advisors, admissions administrative staff and new hires.
- Work with cross-functional teams as needed to promote Heald College's strategic goals.
- Facilitate admissions processes within other departments in the Campus.
- Maintaining a high-level of service to both internal and external customers to ensure exceptional customer satisfaction.
- Maintain marketing and admissions compliance for all state and federal regulatory and accrediting bodies.
- DOA oversees the advertising of the college and coordinating of all activity with marketing and CAO.
- Monitoring and Reporting all relative data to CAO, Campus Director and Regional Director of Admissions. (RDOA).
- Establishing a referral and Personally Developed Lead Plan for the campus.
- Ensure all advisors have knowledge of and comply with federal, state and Heald requirements with respect to all admissions techniques, processes and advertising related issues.
- Ensure that enrollment goals and start goals are met on a start by start basis. This includes:
- Developing and monitoring plans for high school presenters to meet lead goals
- Developing and monitoring plans for advisors.
- Managing by Run Rates monitoring enrollment goals for the team and all advisors individually.
- Training of all advisors based on training indicators from the Admissions Flash addressing the individual advisor’s weakness as well as the teams training needs.
- Disbursements of financial aid information in accordance with all regulations and Heald Policies.
- Evaluating Advisor Performance daily, weekly and on a start and quarter basis.
- No enrollment inducements of any kind for admissions advisors.
- Provide Ongoing Training to Adult Advisors/ HS Staff
- Train and develop new hires both Adult and HS advisors /presenters.
- Monitor phone calls and interviews and provide feedback on methods of delivery.
- Provide written documentation of observations.
- Conduct weekly meetings to discuss status, goals, successes and concerns.
- Use the Admissions Flash to determine individual and team training needs.
- Supervise daily activities of all Admissions Advisors
- Implement Heald Policy on Lead Inquiry for lead management and distribution.
- Adapt advisor’s schedule according to department requirements.
- Maintain a positive attitude and team approach within the department.
- Monitor compliance with the Heald admissions policies and procedures.
- Ensure that campus referrals and PDL quarterly goals are attained.
- Ensure that team mission and goals are clearly understood and embraced by all team members.
- Motivate and monitor under-performing admissions advisors and provide specific action plans to increase performance.
- Provide corrective action, when necessary.
- Supervise Daily Activities of High School Presenters
- Monitor number of presentations scheduled daily.
- Monitor number of lead cards generated weekly.
- Monitor appointments scheduled, interviews conducted, applications and enrollment of HS students from either dedicated HS enrolling advisors or adult advisors.
- Survey students, teachers, advisors or principals’ comments.
- Ensure all presenters project a positive and professional image in all high schools.
- Monitor Inquiry Flow and Distribution
- Monitor accurate and timely recording of all leads.
- Supervise presenter’s delivery of lead cards to the campus within a twenty-four hour time frame.
- Observe Head Inquiry Policy
- Monitor telephone techniques, number of appointments set and show rate for advisors daily and weekly.
- Monitor Follow Through on all Student Financial Aid Appointments
- Conduct second interviews on all students if possible.
- Keep Director and department informed of all special conditions related to applicants.
- Assist, when necessary, on problems related to applicants during financial aid appointments.
- Encourage all advisors to ensure that candidates bring proper documentation to their financial aid appointments.
- Monitor scholarship applications – the whole process (how much for each scholarship, deadlines, printing, etc.).
- Monitor Class Starts
- Ensure that all admissions advisors are present for day and evening orientation.
- Follow up immediately after orientation with the advisors on any “no shows”.
- Report to Director and CAO on final start numbers on start day and throughout start week regarding late enrollments and cancellations or other information as requested by RDOA or SVP of Marketing and Admissions.
- Monitor a Successful High School Admissions Program
- Ensure start goals are achieved for HS Program.
- Ensure enrollment goals are obtained as directed campus Director and the Corporate Director of Admissions.
- Maintain individual enrollment goals.
- Monitor high school planning calendar including presentations, events and advertising..
- Develop special programs for retention before start dates.
- Plan any additional events as necessary.
- Communicate with Corporate DOA and High School DOA at CAO on a regular basis.
- Monitor Consistent and Proper Use of Admissions Materials
- Ensure the appropriate use of Admissions tools such as catalogues, presentation packets, first response brochures, direct mail pieces and placement information.
- Monitor all supplies of catalogues, brochures, application forms, admission forms and presentation materials. Responsible for supplies being stocked at on sites for HS.
- Become Actively Involved with Other Department Heads to Help Manage All School Functions.
- Assist other department heads when necessary on special projects provided time permits and start cycle permits.
- Support new student retention efforts by having each admissions advisor maintain contact with his/her absent students within the first 30 days.
- Assist business office with book payment collections and required documentation when necessary.
- Assist in the fiscal year start budgeting process.
- Assist Director with the operations and administration of the campus.
- Assist Director with administrative tasks related to reconciling admissions reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain accurate admissions reports for leads, sourcing, applications, and enrollments for a start.
- Work with CAO Marketing Communications to monitor lead flow and quality.
- Conduct Performance Appraisals for Admissions Advisors, Presenters , Admissions/Administrative Assistants and Telemarketers
- It is the responsibility of the DOA, along with the campus Director to ensure proper staffing levels are maintained in a timely manner with appropriate and qualified personnel.
- All campuses should maintain admissions staffing at budgeted or approved levels during all start cycles. It is an essential that vacancies not go unfilled and in fact they should be anticipated and a request to over hire submitted through the campus director, your RDOA and HR.
- Requires a Bachelors degree plus minimum 3 years successful experience in admissions and/or sales environment.
- Requires the skills and ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, vendors, students, and CAO employees to ensure efficient activities and operations.
- Must have demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and coach employees to contribute to the success of the admissions team mission.
- Requires ability to work with multiple projects and deadlines and to work effectively under pressure.
- Must have a commitment to excellence in the performance of job responsibilities.
- Must have theoretical accounting knowledge, supervisory expertise, multi-tasking ability, analytic ability, good communication skills, global thinking and leadership.
Corinthian Colleges - 2 years ago
Our mission is to help students prepare for careers in demand or to advance in their chosen field. With more than 91,000 students as of June...