Wayfair’s Hebron Kentucky warehouse is growing! We are currently on the hunt for a few great Warehouse Supervisors to join our team.
The profile of a Warehouse Supervisor is that of managing and overseeing all the functions of the warehouse and ensuring smooth operations of all activities. An individual of this profile also requires handling and managing warehouse workers and adhering to necessary safety and legal procedures of working.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Supervising the functions and working of the warehouse workers
Delegating and assigning tasks and targets and evaluating the working of the staff
Adhering to the compliance of all legal and safety procedures.
Managing the inventory. Work areas include: receipt, pick, pack, ship and return of product.
Supervising proper shift allocations and ensuring efficiency of all warehouse staff.
Organizing and conducting necessary training activities for the staff and workers
Ensuring the proper functioning of all warehouse tools and equipment.
Skills and Specifications:
Knowledge of the safety and legal documentation processes for handling related warehouse activities (MSDS, Equipment checklist, BOL,TSA)
Working understanding of WMS system.
Should have excellent leadership and administration skills and abilities.
Strong motivational skills and effectual team building and decision making.
Ability to effectively manage time, resolve crisis and decision making.
Ability to efficiently coordinate workings with internal and external workers of the company
Education and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s or associate degree in management, administration, supply chain, customer service, or five years working experience in product distribution to customer base.
Arrive half hour before start of shift
Review power equipment sheets and file
Review hours worked for previous day
Organize work assignments for day (labor needed):
1. Check order drop
2. Understand receipt schedule for the day
3. Check email every hour
4. Meet with associates at start of shift
5. Review needs, expectations and news for the day
6. Check with all about printing needs
7. Review movement within area and move associates as needed thru day
8. Start to plan for needs on outbound pickup around noon
9. LTL and Small pack needs
10. All orders that drop by 2 must be shipped
11. All receipts must be putaway by end of shift
End of day checklist:
1. All orders must be shipped
2. Check loads dropped / review and correct issues
3. All receipts must be putaway/ check PDREC01(should be empty)
4. All orders picked and packed (check dock door)
5. All small pack doors have tracking an at appropriate door (ship door)
6. All LTL shipments have been moved to LTL door (ship door)
7. White gloves shipments in hold location until picked up, if picked up, enter tracking and ship door
8. Don’t forget Express and UPS shipments
9. If review shows cancelled order send email
10. CHECK WEATHER (100% or don’t leave)
11. Check all doors and lights before leaving
Wayfair is the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and house wares in the United States. We’re looking for the brightest, sharpest, most creative minds in every field to help. Are you one? If you like transparency, friendliness, a relaxed but results-driven work environment filled with like-minded top-tier talent, Wayfair would like to hear from you. We own and operate Wayfair, AllModern, and Joss & Main. We are on target for approximately $500 million in revenue and currently employ over 800 employees in offices located in Boston, Utah, Kentucky, the U.K, Germany, Ireland and Australia. Wayfair was founded in 2002 and is privately held and profitable. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, pre-IPO equity, a long-term and sustainable, next-generation, e-commerce business model as well as surprising and generous perks designed to attract and retain the brightest people who are incredibly excited about what they do. Wayfair is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Come join us at http://www.wayfair.com/careers.
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.
Visit our Site: http://www.wayfair.com
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wayfair
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/wayfair
Check out our YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/therealwayfair
Wayfair - 2 years ago
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. With an...