As a Senior Linux System Network Administrator in the Network Operations Team, the candidate will be responsible for the management and maintenance of both Linux systems and networking equipment. This includes, but is not limited to hardware / software / OS maintenance, ongoing system configuration changes and multiple environment SAAS deployments. The Senior Linux Systems Administrator should be able to accept full responsibility for the operations of a 24x7 datacenter while maintaining a 99.99% uptime reporting directly to the VP of SAAS Network Operations. Verbal and written communication skills are a must in dealing with fortune 100 clients.
- Responsible for all aspects of the SAAS data center services including Linux servers and Networking Equipment.
- Troubleshoot internal and external applications, hardware problems, operating system issues and work with new services on a daily basis.
- Formulating and implementing monitoring, policies, procedures and standards relating to server and storage management.
- Participation in a 24x7 on-call rotation on a periodic basis.
- 5-7 years of Linux Administration experience supporting Java based applications.
- Experience Supporting applications that use Apache, Jboss and managed networking equipment.
- Demonstrated solid understanding of Linux internals, performance tuning and general systems trouble shooting skills.
- Experience developing system automation tools (using scripting language and config management tools).
- Experience with solr, hazelcast, memcache and lucene.
- Working knowledge of standard infrastructure tools. (DHCP, DNS, NTP, SYSLOG, SSH, SVN etc)
- Experience with open source monitoring and graphing tools (nagios, cacti)
- Demonstrated understanding and respect of change-control process management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
If interested please provide a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org