GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsibilities include: The successful candidate will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of system hardware and software related infrastructure. Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure team. Ensures that network system hardware, operating systems software and related procedures adhere to all compliance and organizational values. Accountable for the following systems: Oracle Enterprise Linux system, EMC SAN provisioning, operations and support including capacity planning and Disaster Recovery for critical systems. Other duties as assigned.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for this job, applicants must meet these basic requirements:
• B.S C.S / MIS degree preferred
• RHCSA/RHCE certification preferred
• Five (5) plus years Linux/Unix experience in a 24 -7 operations environment required
• Strong knowledge of scripting language such as Perl, shell and C preferred
• Strong knowledge of Protocol such as NFS, SMTP, DNS and LDAP preferred
• Two (2) plus years of experience in VMware ESX virtualization required
• Two (2) plus years of experience of storage technologies such as SAN, NAS and iSCSI required
• Experience supporting RBDMS systems (Oracle Strongly preferred)
• Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds required
• Ability to routinely drive locally and air travel regionally required
BARRICK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Barrick Gold Corporation - 19 months ago
In the world of mining, Barrick's name is golden. The company became the world's #1 gold producer (ahead of Newmont Mining and...