Principal Estimator-Alberta, Canada
Parsons offers the stability and recognition of an industry leader coupled with an entrepreneurial spirit. We deliver landmark commercial infrastructure that supports global initiatives in energy, power, renewables, environmental, healthcare, education, communications and capital improvement programs. We are hiring colleagues with a "can do" mindset. If you thrive in a high energy environment and on professional challenges, let's get started! Parsons delivers safer, healthier and more sustainable communities.
The Principal Estimator will complete a wide variety of difficult and complex estimating activities for large, complex projects. The Estimator at this level utilizes his/her broad experience, expertise, and exposure to various types of company projects and clients, and regularly exercises his/her familiarity of company and project practices and procedures.
Specific responsibilities include:
Proficient at performing the following types of discipline related construction estimates: Process equipment, Conveyor systems, Pipelines, Electrical distribution, Earthwork, Civil, Buildings, Electrical systems, Piping systems, Indirects, Contingency analysis.
- Provides guidance, direction, and specialized assistance for the resolution of difficult and complex estimating problems. Assists project management with preparation of schedules for estimate preparation, review, and publication.
- May lead a small team of estimators who are qualified to perform capital cost estimating.
- Prepares material takeoffs on the most complex projects, drawings, and plans. Reviews takeoffs provided by the Engineering Department and checks for mathematical and technical accuracy.
- Prepares detailed breakdown of components and elements of estimates for systems and subsystems.
- Reviews contractual documents and contract modifications to determine scope of work and scope changes.
- Prepares and summarizes task and subtask estimates, including rate and unit cost determination and performing mathematical calculations by applying standard factors.
- Assigns material costs and staffing costs to the takeoffs. Obtains telephone quotes for materials and services.
- Accumulates, evaluates, and documents historical cost data and construction procedures and methods in order to maintain current estimating standards and databases.
- Provides training and guidance to assigned personnel in the preparation, revision, and production of cost estimates. Reviews work of subordinate personnel for quality, clarity, and application.
- Participates in client presentations, as required.
- Proficient at performing either Professional Services or Construction type estimates.
Requires 4-year degree in Engineering or Construction Management or Business (or related field).
SALARY UPLIFT, TRAVEL AND LIVING ALLOWANCE, AND OVERTIME COMPENSATION IS OFFERED.
- Requires 10 years estimating experience in engineering, procurement, construction, and construction management.
- Requires at least 5 years experience in the oil and gas industry with substantial time spent in the field.
- Must be able to work within the client organization.
- Must be able to work 50 hours/week in Calgary/Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada on a rotational basis.
Parsons offers an ethical, challenging, diverse, rewarding and fun work experience where enthusiastic, responsible people use their energy, talent and dedication to make a difference in the world.
Candidates are encouraged to apply at https://parsons.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=05974 or www.parsons.com/careers . Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. M/W/D/V.
Kindred Healthcare - 3 years ago
copy to clipboard
The word "kindred" has many meanings, including allied, similar and family. We believe the name reflects our business as well as...