***These positions are required to work at multiple Physician Network offices throughout the North Valley.
The Medical Assistant (MA) provides general front and back office support to professional staff. Escort patients to exam rooms. Maintains clean, neat and well-stocked exam rooms. He/She must have knowledge of medical front and back office procedures. The MA provides quality phone service by scheduling patients or referring caller to appropriate party. Answer phone messages from patients promptly. Maintains patient information that is accurate and charts/paperwork are filed correctly. Maintains medical records.
- Assist provider with exams as needed.
- Process various laboratory testing including blood glucose, pregnancy test, etc
- Knowledge of medical office operation.
- Responds and complies with requests for information via most appropriate method, including fax.
- Completes the referral process on behalf of patients when required.
- May train incoming staff or students as necessary.
1. Diploma or Certificate from an accredited medical assistant program, or
- MUST satisfy one of the following Medical Assistant training requirements:
2. Completion of an unapproved medial assistant training program and successful passing of a medical assistant examination administered by either the American Association of Medical Assistants or the American Medical Technologists, or
- 1-2 years Medical Assistant experience, or recent completion of a Medical Assistant Externship.
John C. Lincoln Health Network - 12 months ago
Thompson Medical Group
- 7 days ago
- 2 days ago
- 13 hours ago