As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 2|
4,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Able to design/define system architecture for new or existing UNIX computer systems.
2. Able to perform systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, computer architecture analysis and design.
3. Participate in the upgrading of UNIX operating systems and design of system enhancements.
4. Provide system documentation, and can develop and conduct tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
5. Be able to reliably identify, analyze, and resolve simple to medium difficult UNIX operating system software and hardware issues. Be able to document issues and fixes according to standard operating procedures and articulate such issues to team and government customer when needed.
6. Able to provide the government customer with technical guidance on UNIX system equipment both hardware and software for purposes of purchasing, performance and satisfying mission requirements.
7. Be able to Determine hardware and software resources that fall within standard operating procedures to design, create, manage virtual machines in a VMWare environment.
8. Be able to maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Have a basic understanding of Veritas backup and restore functionality
10. Have the flexibility to participate in special projects as required regardless of hour or day.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Other skills should include: SSH, Sendmail, DHCP, X Windows, NFS, Samba, Veritas Netbackup, and Veritas Storage Foundation. Experience with FlexLM, cfengine, kickstart, nmap a benefit.
Required Certifications include Security+ , Linux+ or RHCT
Desired certifications include, but not limited to: RHCE, VmWare
A Secret level clearance is required.
10% travel may be required a year.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...