Rexam Beverage Cans North America is seeking a Production Manager for its Birmingham, AL beverage can end plant. Rexam's Production Manager is responsible for leading crew supervisors, leading the daily operations to meet facility safety, quality, and production goals and provide daily oversight to plant facility management including housekeeping. The Production Manager is also in charge of supervision primarily for crew supervisors.
Purpose of the Job - MUST HAVE CAN-MAKING EXPERIENCE
To supervise and coordinate the activities of production supervisors and associates to meet/exceed location operating goals/efficiencies in the areas of safety, production, and customer satisfaction. The Production Manager reports to the Plant Manager
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
- Understand the budget and an overall sense for the requirements of the facility.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of the crew supervisors engaged in the production and processing of can/end production.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, maintenance, and production schedules in order to meet customer requirements.
- Confer with supervisors to coordinate operations and activities throughout the operation.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet daily goals.
- As necessary, inspect materials, product, and equipment to detect defects or malfunctions. Determine best problem solving solution.
- Ensure safe operation of all equipment and ensure supervisors train associates as necessary.
- Ensure all associates adhere to production and processing standards.
- Provide guidance to direct reports in resolving employee complaints and or grievances.
- Ensure all Company procedures and policies applicable to your operation are enforced.
- Ensure all production, quality, and maintenance systems are in working order.
- Monitor and drive scrap and spoilage to a minimum.
- Lead maintenance day activities.
- Provide the annual performance review for direct reports.
- 5-7 years in supervision, quality, and related areas in a manufacturing environment.
- Production Supervision in a Packaging environment preferred.
- Proactive employee relations leadership to include coaching and mentoring subordinates.
- Can set the bar for operational excellence and continuous improvement.
- Production and Processing: Knowledge of raw materials, production equipment and processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Administrative and Management: Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, employee relations, leadership techniques, in the coordination of people and resources.
- Mechanical: Knowledge of machines, tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
KEY JOB COMPETENCIES:
- This job requires having the desire to lead. The willingness to take charge offer direction, opinions, and accept feedback.
- The job requires being honest and ethical in all related business decisions.
- The position requires the ability to show concern for others, being sensitive to other’s needs, feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
- The job requires a high degree of dependability, being reliable, responsible, accountable for results.
- The job requires a level of independence develops in developing one’s own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision.
- This position requires the ability to build a team spirit on several levels, and a positive work environment.
- This position requires outstanding written and verbal communication skills and influencing capabilities.
Can you think of a better way to preserve, protect, and promote beverages? Rexam Beverage Can! Rexam Beverage Can is one of the biggest...