Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
Safeco Insurance is part of the Personal Insurance unit of Liberty Mutual Insurance. We are committed to providing a range of superior property and casualty products to customers across the United States through a network of independent agents. Safeco is proud to support the communities that we live and work in and values a diverse work force.
We are looking for 2 talented Senior Business Analysts to support our business operations in Agency Capabilities and Analytics.
The Agency Compensation team is responsible for the design, development, and delivery of $900 million of annual agency commission and related production incentive expense at Safeco.
The group manages nationwide commissions and specialized incentive and loyalty programs for over 10,000 independent agents that sell our personal insurance policies.
focus on commission and incentive program design and expense forecasting, program effectiveness, and the provision of analytics and
eporting directly to Safeco's executive leadership in Sales-Distribution.
In this role, you
will lead the analysis, implementation, and administration of our commission and incentive programs.
- Create dynamic scenario modeling and analyze feasibility, cost benefit, economies, or other aspects of large or complex commission and incentive programs/projects.
- Thorough analysis of program utilization and long-term effectiveness.
Based on analysis, develop reports, proposals for action, or identify new opportunities as necessary, and present to management.
- Create automated forecast tools, reporting, dashboards/data displays and analytics regarding agency performance and commission/incentive expense.
- Develop and maintain monthly variance reporting and analysis as well as operational reports for senior leadership.
- Work extensively with other departments to conduct primary and/or secondary research to gather data when it isn't readily available.
- Utilize advanced problem solving skills to ensure accurate analysis and support for business decisions.
- Prepare executive summaries and narratives for presentations.
Provide technical subject matter expertise, customer service and training to business partners.
- Lead or participate in implementation of special projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or technical discipline such as Finance, Business, Management Information Systems; Masters or MBA a plus.
- 6+ years’ experience in financial analysis and reporting, including 4+ years of financial and/or statistical modeling.
- Advanced proficiency with SQL, Teradata data warehouses, and Microsoft Access; SAS, Cognos or Micro Strategies a plus.
- Ability to retrieve data in challenging environments.
- Microsoft Excel power user (pivot tables, sum product, offset, variable data tables, lookups, combination charts).
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills - able to communicate complex financial analysis and information in an easy-to-understand manner, effective in writing reports/proposals and making presentations to executive leadership.
- Attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Previous insurance industry experience, a plus.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- 401K and Company paid pension plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Paid time-off
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
- Discount fitness memberships
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care coverage
- Work/Life resources
- Credit Union membership
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
Liberty Mutual - 19 months ago
At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a talented and...